Scourges Without D-lances - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This idea came to mind recently, and hasnt been thought through completely.

I was wondering how effective a squad of 10 regular scourges(splinter rifle) would work(maybe 1-2 with splinter cannons at the most).

I know that they would be expensive, double the cost of a warrior squad of the same number, but I feel the ability to deep strike, even when not allowed, is always overlooked with these guys.
    In a night fight- no deep strike scenario, plopping a squad even this small near the enemys rear or flank could help alot.
    Sure they can't stand up to much fire, but against an army like IG or Nids, where a 10 man squad could do some decent damage in CC and shooting, this might help divert attention/ protect more valuable squads from being shot at , and allowing them to close ground easier.
    I havent tried this out, as my army isnt fully painted yet, and I only have scourges with heavy weapons as of now, but as I was thinking of converting some basic warriors into scourges, I thought that this might be a risky but useful tactic.

Anyone ever done anything like this, and if so , what were the results?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The majority of people use SCs only anyways, as it doesn't hamper mobility. But why one 2 SCs though???
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I said to take few SCs was because they crank up the price for the unit, which seems to be everyones problem with Scourges. No doubt that a splinter cannon far out does a splinter rifle. But I was thinking more along the lines of = no special weapons= more points for more scourges. With 10 guys with SRs costing about the same as 4 with SC and a Sybarite, it seems like a toss up with whether you want them to assault or shoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true... but then again you could take two squads- one shooty and one cc squad
    that would be devestating no matter what

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea. I certianly think having a 5 man squad with 4 SCs and a 10 man sqaud with a CC oriented sybarite deepstriking together could take out a sqaud of almost any basic or semi powerful troops. After all, the DE's greatest allie is to use 2 squads to attack 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also remember that the new rapid fire rules really favour blitz-attacks, a full 10man squad with 4 SC could deepstrike anywhere on the table and dish out a wooping 32shoot at short range, 16 S3 and 16 S4. Sure, this squad is over 200points, but I bet it can be a serious thorne in your enemies side, something that needs his attention. Even if they are shoot to pieces in one round, the chances are good that they inflicted some serious damage and allowed the rest of your army to proced with reduced resistance.

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just get a freaking ravager with 3 dissies an wipe out a 15-man marine squad down to nil.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit that that is quite effective ... but remeber that the scourges can´t be taken down with one happe shot in the general direction ... not that I would want to dis our beloved ravagers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my scourges i have 2 dark lances, 2 splinter cannons and one splitner pistol and close combat weapon
    Dark Eldar: The Kabal Of the Black Heart: Bloody Claw division.
    Black Legion: Division 666
    Vampire Counts Von Castein Bloodline: w/l/t
    4/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats the same thats in the box set right? Thats what I have from the army I got from my friend, plus one extra guy with a DL.

I was wondering if im the only one who is really *****ed that the Swooping Hawks model looks freakin awesome and the DE scourge doesnt look near as cool. I was thinking about buying some SHs and using the wings, but paint them like raven wings, although thats too expensive. Anyone have a good idea on how to make the scourge's jetpack wings look better?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast