Barbed Strangler - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does it scatter or does it just hit where you want like a railgun sumbumition blast?
    also is it the big ordinance (like a cd) or is the little one(like half a cd)?

Tau'Va
    "Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost."
    -O'Shovah

<span style='color:red'>Image Removed</span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ordeance weapon places the big marker somewhere and then scatters; for weapons that aren´t an ordeance weapon, but that just use the ordeance marker (thats the name for the 5" marker), you just role the dice and when it hits place the marker over the target like you want (befor checking distance).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

just what Akumakaij says, simple roll to hit for it&#39;s bs and then place the marker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no scatter and it is the CD plate.

I would strongly advise against a barbed strangler on any creature. It doesnt ignore any armor saves and it isnt any better at destroying vehicles than a VC, especially with new rules where AP- weapons can only glance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

the barbed strangler is not an ordnance weapon. it&#39;s good against some armies. with low save and and many models. like tyranids
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Yup, this has also been clarified in the Tyranid FAQ at Chapter Approved.

Tyranids do not have any Ordnance weapons, just a few weapons which use the large blast marker for area-of-effect.

Remember that since it&#39;s a normal non-scattering Blast weapon, the defender (the one shot at) may reposition the blast as per the normal rules for doing so. Of course, with the large blast that will be somewhat more difficult...

I really hope GW stops calling the large blast "Ordnance Blast", it really seems to confuse people. :rolleyes:
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah thats so annoying and confusing
    -thanks everyone
    Tau'Va
    &quot;Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.&quot;
    -O'Shovah

<span style='color:red'>Image Removed</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

the only ord. in the tyranids armies comes from the Harridan and the Barbed Hierodule

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by Dreachon@Jun 20 2004, 191
    the only ord. in the tyranids armies comes from the Harridan and the Barbed Hierodule
    --- Hm? Guess I need to take a look at the Imperial Armour Update...
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<_< No, no. The bio cannons of the Barbed Hierodules and the Harridans are ASSAULT 1, (note the comma) ORDANANCE BLAST, just like barbed stranglers, because of course, THEY ARE BARBED STRANGLERS&#33; Note the Barbed in Barbed Hierodule. They look identical as well. (just huge and with that godly forgeworld detail)

It&#39;s because they&#39;re bloody assault weapons that they&#39;re so deadly. Fluffy, my barbed hierodule, can charge out from behind a building (assuming I can find one big enough to hide him behind) and lay waste to an entire unit of marines (or necrons, or a tank, or whatever, let your imagination go wild) in the same turn.

Think about it, the Harridan&#39;s a flyer. It makes one attack run onto the table and then back off during the opponents turn. How the jiggity is it supposed to fire off an ordanance blast?

Hmmmmmm....speaking of which, Fluffy has two guns, but they count as one twin-linked gun. Although I&#39;ll admit, I think he&#39;s powerful enough as it is, I wonder what with the new rules for M.C. firing two guns, if they&#39;ll finally let Fluffy and his pals actually use both those beutiful stranglers. Jebus, imagine the devastation and suffering.... :lol: Mwahahahahahhah :lol:

And Uzi, you sure about the rules for malefactors, exocrines, etc. in the bestiary being unchangable? I assumed that since nothing created with the Monstrosity creator is really "official" (It states in the VDR that use is limited to games in which your opponent knew beforehand and gave consent) then you can assign any rules you want.

Of course, I guess it doesn&#39;t really matter, as anyone that you&#39;re good enough friends with or is non competitive enough to allow you to use a monstrosity really wouldn&#39;t care whether or not you use the rules from the bestiary or not.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast