Tyranid Battleforce - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid Battleforce

How many points will the battleforce get me? Just wondering cuz cash factor matters to me and I'm debating whether to start a Tau or Tyranid army. I want to go Tyranid preferably if the costs isnt too different. Any other advice is welcome =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should be able to make a 500 point (Ish) army with the battleforce. Might be closer to 400-450. Even If I don't need the stuff in the battleforce right away, I ussualy buy it anyways because the Tyranid one is a huge discount. Its basicaly a free Carnifex.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindWar View Post
    Frankly, I think you're insane!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right on, thanks for the insanely fast response. So if I did go a swarm army with tons of gaunts etc, will it be that much more expensive, if any compared to other armies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't say for sure, but it shouldn't be that much more expensive. For $30 you can get 8 gaunts AND 8 Hormagaunts. For the same amount you only get 10 Marines.

You get more models for your money, but not necessarily more points I supose. Unless you made a very vehicle heavy army, I can't see it being much more expensive than a Tyranid one, especialy if you get the battleforce which will save you like $40.

If you're really worried about the money, the best thing to do would be to just plan out an army list, post it on here for review, and see how much money you'll need to make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindWar View Post
    Frankly, I think you're insane!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way i want to start my nid army is buy buying the ASSAULT BROOD
    it is double the price of the battleforce but the amount of models you get and the money you save its really worth it if you add it up..

In the box
    3x1 carnifex
    2x3 Warriors
    2x16 gaunts
    2x8 Genestealers

plus im sure it comes with ripper bases

ASSAULT BROOD + HIVE TYRANT = Most of a tyranid army

after you get that all put together and painted play a few games and figure out what to add from there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually just bought an Assault brood for my new project, I dont recall seeing any ripper bases in the box.

Might've just not noticed them, there's a lot of sprues in that box.

Ill post again later, Ill check it and see if there are any in there.

Also, if you are looking for a semi cheaper way to get a playable full army scheme. Just run one of the Brood teams as an HQ or for a cheaper alternative to the Hive Tyrant just get a Broodlord, they tend to be a tad bit cheaper

And the even funner way of doing it, Design a big hulking nid to call your own Tyrant

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Elric of the void View Post
    I actually just bought an Assault brood for my new project, I dont recall seeing any ripper bases in the box.
    I think there will be some bases for them as they use the same kind as Warriors. You could count up the number of Warrior sized bases and see if there are enough for some Rippers as well. The Rippers themselves coming on other models sprues as lackeys. I was wondering that this set contains Gaunts does that mean standard Gaunts that get fleshborers, spinefists or devourers. Or does it mean both Gaunts and Hormagaunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately I think they come with the bodies for 16 spine/flesh/dev gaunts and 16 bodies for hormies. but i will just make hormie bods into spine gaunts and the other bodies into termagaunts.
    From what i have read on here people dont seem to liek the hormies all that much?
    correct me if im wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish the Assault Brood had been out when I started building my Tyranid force...its basically the price of 2 battleforces and includes all the models of 2 battleforces and an additional carnifex.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Get an assault brood anyways. You can never have too many gaunts, warriors, and fexes.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. October 9th, 2008, 14:45