starting tau army needs expanding - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

starting tau army needs expanding

I want to expand my cadre from its current level of around 450 points what do the wise experts of the greater good suggest

2 crisis battle suites
    22 fire warriors
    6 gun drones

what sould I buy next?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, I would get a commander and use the crisis battlesuits as bodyguards.
    Then, I would get a troop choice like another fire warrior squad.
    That is some of my ideas.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

You've no heavy support in there, so a Hammerhead would be a good idea. Buy the Skyray version though - all the parts are included for Hammerhead/Skyray/Devilfish. Just don't glue on the turrets! Actually, 2 HHs would be better, but that's your call.

After that: make a decision on what style of play you intend to use for your Tau, as that will considerably colour your future choices of purchases.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey face,

You know what? Iím exactly in your position too. I got the battleforce and a commander and that brought me up to compete at the 500 point level. I also picked up the rapid insertion force from GW.com to satisfy all my battlesuit needs. However this does not make for a balanced force and, like you, I feel the need to expand. To do so, I was planning on getting a second battleforce to flush out my troops for the next little while.

As far as heavy support goes, if you are like me, and canít decide on which side of the broadside/hammerhead/skyray debate to come down on, donít worry. Iím sure the older and wiser Tau players will love to extol the virtues of their favorite heavy support options.

Hope youíre happy with whatever you decide to purchase, because thatís really what this is all about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys
    ya I was thinking of getting hammerheads for the submunitions (how much do they drift?) as I am aften fighting orks and IG, and I am looking at stealth teams for burst cannons
    al gue ar cha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

i wouldn't take xv25s, cause whatever burst cannons give you, rifle warriors give you for cheaper. go for a full elites selection of death rains, 2 railheads, and a skyray, then pack your troops with fishwarriors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya but I want the XV25's for the JSJ
    I like to be as maneuverable as possible
    and the jet packs fit nicely
    al gue ar cha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Crisis Suits can jsj just like stealth suits can.

i wouldn't take xv25s, cause whatever burst cannons give you, rifle warriors give you for cheaper. go for a full elites selection of death rains, 2 railheads, and a skyray, then pack your troops with fishwarriors.
    I don't recall what death rains are, but stealthsuits are essentially the same as fire warriors but with a few perks, one being that they can jsj, two that they have that stealth field because although its not super its better then the grey knight version, as well for the most part it will keep your guys safe. The burst cannon delivers the same number of shots that 3 fire warriors would deliver at their safe sitting. If the burst cannon had a rapid fire that would be cool. But it all comes down to your play style and what models you like best. Don't forget too that the stealthsuit has a better save just slightly then the rifle warrior.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

As a starting army look to 1000 points as a basic army minimum build.

I'd add the following:

1) Commander (so you're army is legal! )
    2) Hammerhead (beg/borrow/build bits to have an alternative turret so you can have both guns)
    3) Kroot (never, ever under estimate the support capacity of the Kroot)

Peace!
    Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

+ Reply to Thread