Monoliths Vs. Titans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to play in a tournament in two weeks that is a "Rogue Trader" tournament that DOES allow Titans to play and anything else available from Imperial Armour.

I am familiar with the weapons of the Titans, and their damage ability, but I need to know how many of their devestating weapons can they fire per turn.

Also, I need to know about void shields and how they work in 40k. Also, does the gauss weapons abilities still work against Titans and/or Void Shields?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

As a user of titans I'll give you some handy advice,

first remember that a titan greatest asset is intimidation

It can fire all of it's weapon no matter how far it's moves cause it's a warengine.

warhound have only a few voidshields, these will go down with a glancing or penetrating hit, though they can be brought back online.
    ( I'm not posting the exect stats as this would violate copyright )
    the special rule for necrons should still apply as far as I know it, otherwise I'll try to contact mr KInrade and ask him, I'll try to post the answer as quickly as possible

What army do you plan to field exactly

hope this help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Monoliths are powerful, but they shouldn't be THAT powerful. It's little bit ridiculous if a titan is blasting away at something that comes up to it's kneecaps and can't scratch it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monoliths are not invulnerable, especially against Titans, and especially if Titans can fire all of their weapons and still move! Titans have multiple template (high strength) weapons, most of which can hurt the monolith. I don't see why everyone is still whining about the monolith, especially since you can buy multiple leman russes for half the points cost and with the fouth edition rules, be just as devestating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I don't see why everyone is still whining about the monolith, especially since you can buy multiple leman russes for half the points cost and with the fouth edition rules, be just as devestating.
    You might wanna do the math before you type there, cause two LR's with lascannons and heavy bolter sponsons cost 330 points. That's 95 points more than one monolith and not even anywhere near as survivable and destructive.

Also, if you've looked at some of the fourth edition changes that are rumored to be coming, then you'd realize that tanks are actually worse off than in 3rd edition. It's not like a monolith NEEDS to be hull down, but now tanks are presumably even losing that ability to stay alive longer. AP 1 weapons? Melta guns really aren't a threat in the first place cause they don't get 2D6 pen against it, so no problem for Crons.

You might wanna take your The-monolith-isn't-cheesy-even-though-it-costs-fifteen-points-less-than-a-Land-Raider-and -does-twice-as-much attitude to another thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only use monolith on rare ocassions. I much prefer to have 5 destroyers instead of one monolith. With fourth edition, I can move 12 inches, fire, and then move 6 inches and hide like the "cheesemobile"--The Eldar Vyper. You can't beat 15 shots that can glance any vehicle on a 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

just got the answer back from mr Kinrade,

gauss weapons still get their special rule against titans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vypers can't move 12", fire, then move 6".

With crystal targeting matrix upgrades, they can move 6", fire one weapon, then move another 6".
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to the new fourth edition rules, yes, a jetbike can move 12 inches in the movement phase and then 6 inches in the assault phase. No more need to purchase the crystal targeting matrix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

but that depends if your opponend allows those rules already to be used

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast