Indestructable lootas! (well, nearly.) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indestructable lootas! (well, nearly.)

Right. Well, I'm really decent with orkies now, and have just noticed an amazing trick, which allows lootas and/or a big mek to own without getting hurt!

What you have to do is get your 15 lootas and and/ or a big mek with SAG in a battlewagon. WOW! front armour 14, most things can't hurt. You just keep your battlewagon still, try and not let them flank you and just shoot their asses with your lovely lootas. Big mek can be risky, because if you roll a double one for str. You are Fudged to hell. So, its up to you whether you take a big mek, but please, I love this tactic and am going to make a battlewagon sooooon!! (and move on to 1500 pts. Any suggestions on what to have ontop of:

Warboss
    PK, CB, Eavy Armour

Big mek
    SAG, Cybork Body

10 Nobz, big choppas, eavy armour, painboy. TRUKK!! Reinforced ram (ownage) grot riggers, Boarding plank.

21 boyz with Nob with big choppa... bosspole...

21 SAME AS ABOVE.

3 Killa kans (in diff squads) grotzookas, grot riggers

I was thinking a battlewagon, some lootas, maybe 20 more boyz or something.

Suggestions please...

Red ones goes faster - it's true :)
    Ork Freebooter Crusaders!
    3/0/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Sounds like a neat idea, a cheap AV14 bunker for your Lootas. You could probably leave off some stuff to get more boyz, as 42 just isn't going to cut it (unless they were in Battlewagons too).
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

No SAG

I wouldn't bother with the SAG. It just adds a lot of risk without adding anything particularly useful. Remember, he and the lootas would have to fire at the same target.

15 lootas in a battlewagon isn't a bad idea, but I'm not sure if they're as safe as you thing they are. If the battlewagon explodes, then every loota will have to take a strength 4 hit. Half will be wounded, let's say 7, and then only one of them will pass their armor save. That's 6 dead lootas and the battlewagon gone in one shot.

It all comes down to what army you're facing. Against Tau, Imperial Guard, and Eldar it's probably a bad idea. On the other hand, against any other army it's probably a great idea.

Here's what I'd do: field the lootas and a battlewagon with a big shoota. However, I'd also field a unit of 20 boyz with a nob, powerklaw and bosspole. If I'm fighting an army that has a good chance of blowing up the wagon, I'll put the boyz in the wagon and hide the lootas inside cover. If my opponent doesn't have a good chance of destroying the wagon, I'd put the lootas in the battlewagon and just run the boyz on foot.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the plan is to keep the lootas still in that battlewagon, I'd put a killkannon on it and go with 12 lootas. I'm a fan of the killkannon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know exactly how much this would help, but since the problem seems to be one of survivability from big guns blowing up the battlewagon with the lootas inside, why not make the big mek in the wagon with them be a KFF instead of the SAG. You will lose a bit of firepower, but you are not indanger of anything horrible happening to the tank. Not only that but you will confer a coversave to the vehicle no matter where you plan to deploy it. Useful if you want to move once the game begins, without worrying about the angle of attack or exposing yourself completely.

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Can't believe no one has said this yet....

15 lootas, 1 Big Mek with KFF mounted in:
    Battlewagon w/ Kannon and 4xBig shootas, Armour plates

Honestly, I don't see imperial guard having a good time destroying that tank. And i think tau would have a little trouble too. But as for Eldar, I still wouldn't field it against them.

For 425pts(?), you get 4 big shootas, a kannon, 15 deffguns. And to destroy these things, you are up against 14 armour, that ALWAYS gets a 4+ save, and you need to destroy 5 weapons in order to immobilize it. But even immobilizing it isnt that big of a deal since you want to shoot with it anyways. Field three of these, and you gots yourself a very shooty list! Kind of costly, and only 2 of the battlewagons can also have a KFF big mek in them, but if you position things carefully, I am sure you can always manage to get a 4+ for the other battlewagon as well.

As previously mentioned, you can do something like this (I like this idea a little bit, but keep in mind the range of your weapons, which makes this not so great of an idea):

11 Lootas, 1 big mek with kff mounted in:
    Battlewagon w/killcannon, armour plates, 2x big shoota

just another idea.

Seeing though as this paints such a huge target over their head, they are going to be receiving a LOT of fire. So having just 1 of these units is not such a great idea.

-Goblin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

I definitely prefer the KFF to the SAG. Not only do you get obscurement, but if the battlewagon does explode, then the lootas get a 5+ save.

I still wouldn't run the battlewagon too expensively...and I don't see a point at all to giving the wagon armor plates. All it does is change a stunned result to shaken. You really won't be moving it at all anyway, so there's no point.

I'd run 15 lootas and the KFF (with bosspole) in a battlewagon wtih 4 big shootas. That'd run 425 points, which would be expensive, but still pretty scary, and a whole lot of fun. ^_^
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post
    I and I don't see a point at all to giving the wagon armor plates. All it does is change a stunned result to shaken. You really won't be moving it at all anyway, so there's no point.
    Well I would think that the armour plates would be helpful to move the tank should it get hit and you loose a turn of shooting. If you move it, maybe it can get it out of line of sight of whatever shot it. Where as, if you didnt have the armour plates, that is not possible.

I guess it is more of a 'what if' and a 'special scenario' addon for this application, however, if you are going to spend so much points (and real life money) on something, you might as well add this one little item for extra.... Ooompf!!! So to speak. But I guess it is not necessary.

And for the points cost of the armour plates, that is almost 2 vanilla boys, so i get where you are coming from. Good point.

-Goblin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Alternatively field two mobs of lootas in cover. 4+ cover save FOR FREE. That's what I do. So long as your mobs are 15 strong they are hard to knock out with either shooting or assault, and kick out an insane amount of firepower.

Personally I always go for killyness over protection. The best defence is a good offence. No matter how ace that enemy gun is, if they're all dead then their is 0% chance they will kill you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to have to agree with hs5ias on this one. Tho I love the concept of a bunch of redneck Orks ridin' around in pickups shootin' stuff =P the application is less than worth its points. Same goes for the lists determined to put a KFF Mek w/lootas - terrain is free and gives 4+ rather than 5+, save the Mek for protecting the squads out in the open and advancing down the board.
    Two's to kill. Ahh, sweet sweet music.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. October 19th, 2008, 23:47