5th edition rulebook Tau error? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th edition rulebook Tau error?

Anyone notice the statline for the Crisis Shas'vre? It seem to have lost 1 point in strength, toughness, and wounds. This nerfage has practically made it inferior to the crisis Shas'ui, which is a joke. Personnally i think it must be an error but I have noticed that GW may be trying to forshadow updated stats like they did w/ Space marines

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, has to be an error. I highly doubt they are making the bodyguards are team leaders worse than the standard XV8.

Honestly though. I don't know how they can mess up the stat-line that badly....

I will give you that it is possible the basic XV8 could change, but I think the stealth Shas'vre shows that they are just typo-prone when making these quick reference sheets (me and my friend have had a few conflicts about the IG codex v. the quick reference).

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Typos are everywhere! Anyone recall the Terminator Armour being reduced to a 3+ save in the Wargear Book?

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Bottom line is, when it comes to your army stats, go with the codex entry, followed by the FAQ.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

It's not just in the standard GW books, Forge World's IA-type books have loads of them in.

But, considering the great heap of cash that you've poured in for these tomes, they have very stupid mistakes made even after going through the final checks before getting published! What I expect from GW, in all aspects of the company, is to at least get the quality of the product that I've paid for. That goes double for IA Volumes .

I've found several very stupid mistakes in IA - Apoc. Although a very good book to broaden your Apoc horizons, I swear that these people are doing this on purpose (which I doubt). Here's one example: The Tau Remora; 3 Structure points? Wtf? and they're not even super heavies!

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

like i always say:

"who finds a grammar fault, can keep it!"

no, realy, your right, they truly could put some more effort in it but i just wanted to say this cheesy one-liner!

i remember being a kid and i got my very first imperial armour, (i wasn't 5 years old, duh! so about the age of 14-15) and i have to be honest that i never learned english, never needed it! cause i learned it myself when i was just 6 years old, i had no idea what i was doing back then but know i comes in handy! but to the point, through that i learned it myself i developed a personal dialect and i make some grammar faults without knowing it, its better now but when you find one, then read the above phrase!
    and when i read that book... i thought: "oh! my! god!, my english sucks badly! i do not even know the meaning of some words!
    (cause their are standing words like "trepassion"!? (probably means trespassing or similar)
    but know i'm ok again.

thanks for reading the crap above

+ Reply to Thread