Kamikaze Grots - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kamikaze Grots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

Spawned from a conversation about 10 year old kamikaze paintballers (Off topic section for those interested) i thought of kamikaze grots.
    The idea so far is to have them kinda like Night Goblin fanatics in FB except with explosives instead of huge balls on chains (perverse! :lol: ).
    The strength value of these buggers is elusive, but thats what this threads for. It could be a fun addition for those grot slave gangs. Maybe 2 or 3 per gang?
    Blast marker or predetermined/random hits?

The thought of a grot strapped with explosives throwing himself off a building onto some space marines makes me laugh. Especially if the grot does a little dive while he's at it. :lol:

When you look at FB you can see that Goblins have a whole load of rules and units on their own. Why not make a Grot contingent? led a a raving mad Grot leader?

Thoughts, comments? :blink:

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Sounds cool, I can really imagine Orks using Grots this way. In fact I know FW has those grot bomb thingies and I think there was some weapon in a previous edition that used snotlings as weapons . But maybe you should be more ambitious than just a few Grotz in the mob with bombs. Think big: individual Grotz with a jump pack (so they move 12"), they can't assault but in the shooting phase they may detonate themselves. As you can't move within 1" of an enemy model maybe they could use an ordnance blast, but it shouldn't be too powerful, S4 AP6 looks okay, maybe S3 instead though I'm not sure. What do you think?
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x4)

Hmm...

We could name theme Missie Grots (as in missile grots, but its also aimed at their inability to hit something). They basically launch themselves at enemies, kinda lika a one use missile launcher.
    Hows that? You pick which kind of bomb he&#39;s carrying around on his back and then off he goes&#33;

Maybe you could buy an upgrade for him overcharging the bomb making it an ordn. blast, or maybe make it napalm spray upgrade (flame template, flamer/hvy flamer stats). Maybe equip him with a "choke smoke" upgrade: The bomb spews out a smoke which makes the targetted unit unable to fire in the shooting phase (but cant be fired at either).

hows this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

That&#39;s brilliant&#33; Frag and krak grotz&#33; Hey with that flamer thing, that could work great if you allow the Grot to deepstrike or be fired as a guess weapon for instance, but if he fires the template is placed in a random direction.

Let&#39;s say:
    fast attack choice: 3-15 Missie Grotz, for say 10 points a piece? They&#39;re all individuals, whoooo let&#39;s make em take all on your own tests &#33; Might have to make em a little cheaper then. And if they fail they run, don&#39;t hide, and are always allowed to regroup. Each Grot picks one type of ammo (frag, krak or flame) before the game starts (note down which Grot has which kind of ammo). If you choose frag or krak for one, you can take the &#39;Uge Bang upgrade for +5 pts, which gives kraks a blast marker and frags an ordnance marker. Oh yeah, they may deepstrike if the mission allows.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by protocon@Jul 3 2003, 07:28
    Spawned from a conversation about 10 year old kamikaze paintballers (Off topic section for those interested)
    The funny thing was, they looked like Grots. :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x4)

This might be the birth of a whole new unit.
    The Grot launcha&#33;

Now i have a picture of it in my head. The firing tube is like an epsilon (Y) with the lower straight part being the machine and loading platform. So essentially it can fire two grots per shooting, but with consequences&#33;

It isnt neccessary to take it. But if you use it then it acts like a mortar with 2d6 deviation (since grots aint the most accurate bunch around). And its ammo you ask? any Missie grots you have. although there should be something that offsets the machine. Something orky, maybe a misfire table? So that in reality the grot launcha is ALWAYS misfiring. So it fires the grot + something happens. Doesnt have to be deadly but it should have some effect.
    Ofcourse the grot dies on impact.

Bad misfires would be like:
    The firing tube clogs up and the grot is blasted to pieces inside the tube. Remove intended grot bomb model as a casualty and that tube needs to be cleared (thus unusable unless you roll x number at the beginning of your turn)

The grot forgets his bomb pack and his hurtled into the enemy thinking "Me&#39;s thinking i&#39;s forgets sumthin...". The grot causes a single hit with a str equal to the grots toughness.

someone in the crew gets sucked up into the machinery, gets a bolt (the fastening kind) through his skull or gets to close to the gas vents and dies.

Neutral stuff could be anything, just a collection of funny things. Like a grot finding his old friend Lukrat who he thought was dead...and was&#33; He had been stuck in the gear system. The grots clear him out and steal his boots.

A large piece of the machine breaks off...nothing happens. But the Grots intend to weld it back on "jus&#39; in case&#33;"

Good stuff:
    The grots add some of their special "Make-go-more boomy" mix to the firing powder adding +1 to the str of the weapon. But this subtracts 1d6 from the range of the weapon (before deviation).

By some miracle of gobbo insight the crew has gotten the tilt of the barrel just right and thus adds OR subtracts 1d6 to the range of the weapon. (shooters decision)

And so on...

Also maybe some upgrades to the machine. But the machine rules need to be ironed out first before that can happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Lol&#33; Man that sounds so kewl&#33; Especially the "Me&#39;s thinking i&#39;s forgets sumthin..." hehe. This could really work, Grotz are the most obvious ammo for Orks I&#39;d say. Maybe make one really bad misfire where the Grot bomb explodes with all the normal effects of the ammo it uses, but centered on the launcher. Add some danger .
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x4)

Hey yeah, thats good&#33;

This could be alot of fun&#33; im gonna draw up a plan to build a grot launcha&#33; (on my mythical drawing board ofcourse&#33. Hey i built a Basilisk, how hard can an Ork built Grot Launcha be :lol: .

Now for armor values, BS, points, movement (if any), potential upgrades and number of crew (should be liberal in that area since many of &#39;em are gonna die ), and we should also work out the missie grot rules.

Yipee&#33; And somebody even said that the ork thread was dead&#33; bah, far from it&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, the old Shokk Attakk Gun from 2:nd edition. It worked by teleporting snotlings inside vehicles and troops, it was absolutly deadly against terminators and dreadnoughts. GW should bring that one back.

I still have the model here somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Hmm shouldn&#39;t be a problem. BS 2 of course, but it&#39;s guess so that don&#39;t matter. Unless you would allow both direct and indirect fire...
    For movement I&#39;d say the highest of 2D6, after all the Grotz are gonna have to make it move, and they&#39;re not really strong .
    Crew should indeed be lots&#33; If you sacrifice one crew model for each shot, I&#39;d say it comes with 6 standard, and you can buy more at 3 pts per model (maximum of 12?).
    Armour value should probably be the same as that of Big Gunz. Unless the Grotz are really worried about it and welded on a load of axtra armour plates, but 10 all round sounds okay.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast