Wraith Lords - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wraith Lords

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a mate who is obsessed with wraith lords and im going 2 play him with my templars soon, any good ideas for a strategy against them? i have cash 2 blow on new units, so any suggestions at all...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i mean what do u have to use against the wraithlords and what does your friend put on them. If you have a dread then use it with twin linked lascannons or just use normal lascannons.

But mkake another post or something in this thread (or edit your first) and tell us what you have. Wraithlords in most actual missions like nightfight and blitz and raids don't do anything but if you play a kill all battle then u will have to deal with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we r playing kill all and he plays as iyanden. he said something like "two dread nought close combat weapons, some sort of catapult or something.. a flamer and a missle launcher" ? something like that, i dont know much in the way of elder so give me a break lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wraithlords have 2 dreadnought CCWs on them, then a flamer and a shuriken catapult, plus one heavy weapon. If he plays iyanden then he can use quite a few of them. I dont know if templars can use scouts with sniper rifles, but I suggest getting a lot of them.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's two basic ways to deal with a wraitlord:

1. Shoot at it with lots of high str weapons.

2. Just avoid it and focus on killing his wraithguard. Wraithguard are such easy targets. They move slow, have a 12" range, are usually in small units of 5, and cost like 35pts apiece.
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a mate who is obsessed with wraith lords and im going 2 play him with my templars soon, any good ideas for a strategy against them? i have cash 2 blow on new units, so any suggestions at all...
    lascannon, lascannons, and more lascannons.

Devastators, Preds, and lots of Devastators.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

As both an Eldar and a Marine player (amongst other armys) Las cannons are overkill, they dont instant kill the WL and his toughness isnt that high, wha you do need to do is inflict multiple wounds.

Sniper rifle are goos, the 2 to hit and 4 to wound completely bypasses his toughness

Other wise, think medium strength with high amounts of shots,

Assult cannon, Heaby bolters, Auto cannon are all good ways of giving a wraithlord a smacking

One of my favourites is land speeder tornadoes with Assult cannon and Heavy bolter

Predetor Destructors with Boltor sponsons are also pretty sweet

Th wraithguard are prime targets for Plasma cannon
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Assault cannon and heavy bolters imo are horrible against wraithlords, they don't bypass his armor

Almost everygame where i've had people shoot wraithlords with those kind of guns he's lived easily, you need AP3 weapons that don't wound on 6s

A marine firing a lascannon has a 43% chance of doing a wound to a wraithlord, but a marine firing a heavy bolter has a 20% chance of causing a wound, that includes all 3 shots

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have said Plasma Guns to kill Wraith Lords oh and you may want to give some squads Powerfists

Otherwise your Marines may run towards and commit suicide on a Wraithlord :lol:
    “Someone I know calls a Sphinx a Sphincter I really don’t have the heart to correct them?
    “So you want to be made feel like a small boy and dominated do you? How about you dress up as Micky Mouse and I‘ll hit you with a baseball bat until you pass out or die??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Don't let him into CC with your common marines, as str 4 cannot wound t 8.
    take a lot of lascannons and missile launchers against lyanden, and plasmacannons are very good vs wraithguard. make your squad leaders veteran sergants and arm them with thunder hammers, then he might hestitate charging them as he cannot allocate attacks, and if you wound the WL with a thunder hammer he gets no attacks next round of cc. that means 2 marines less dead.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast