Ramming Eldar? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ramming Eldar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ramming Eldar?

Playing Marines last weekend I found myself with a shaken and bright lance-less wave serpent...so I bee-lined it 21 inches into his Land Raider. Now when the "6" landed for the pen hit...it was priceless (particularly when he only rolled a weapon destroyed result for the serpent) But i can honestly say I felt a little dirty playing ping pong with my vehicles...especially Eldar ones.

Ide like to know how you all utilize this rule, how its worked out for you, and if its changed any of your ideas for army lists? And really just what all your thoughts are...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had some mixed results with this. The frsttime I used it, I rammed a Hammerhead with a Fire Prism in the side. Worked a treat, and destroyed the damned thing. I still lost (I lose a lot) but seeing "Mr. Static Fire line" having to move his infantry out the way for several turns whilst I drove back and forth was priceles. Didn't work so well at all the second time. Again y fire Prism lost its cannon so I tried to ram some Orks that were getting too close. Problem was I forgot his Nob had a Power Klaw, so he smashed my armour to bits and made e Vehicle Destroyed. Third time, I rammed a Predator, manged to immobilise it, but got promptly shot to hell by a well placed Roket in the rump. Not even a Holo-field protected by from a double 5.

It is certainly a viable option, especially if the big guns of a tank are destroyed. It could also be used as a softening blow for a Wave Serpent carrying some heavy hitting units (Wraithguard for example) needing to get close. Ram a tank/unit, kill something (hopefully) and then even if the WS gets destroyed, you have a squad up close and personal. I have yet to test this in a real fight but could be useful in some situations.

+ Reply to Thread