quick question about XV8's that might save me 20 bucks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quick question about XV8's that might save me 20 bucks

hey guys, I was wanting to know if I could buy a regular XV8 Suit and have the following gear on it.

Plasma rifle
    Fusion Blaster
    Targeting array

Does this come with the normal XV8? It'll save me some money, which is adding up reaaally fast.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Yeah, Tau is actually one of the more expensive armies to build.

Anyway, you get everything you asked about in a Crisis or Broadside kit...

Except for the targeting array. There is no standard bit for that. You must either convert one or use either the multi-tracker or target lock as the stand-in for a targeting array. (I made my TAs by chopping up the target lock and burst cannon ammo drums, as well as the antenna from a drone, and gluing them back together in my own special way. That way I didn't have to scrounge for bits outside of any single crisis suit kit.)
    Last edited by number6; October 22nd, 2008 at 22:41.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Yeah, Tau is actually one of the more expensive armies to build.

Anyway, you get everything you asked about in a Crisis or Broadside kit...

Except for the targeting array. There is no standard bit for that. You must either convert one or use either the multi-tracker or target lock as the stand-in for a targeting array. (I made my TAs by chopping up the target lock and burst cannon ammo drums, as well as the antenna from a drone, and gluing them back together in my own special way. That way I didn't have to scrounge for bits outside of any single crisis suit kit.)
    I'll just do that, thanks.

Most expensive army? Dang. Thought I was saving money by going with the race with high point-values. Oh well, I like the army anyway!

EDIT:

I really want to thank all of you guys in the tau forums. After number crunching for hours on end, I found out(with the tons of information you guys have given me, along with some help from the painting section on the color scheme I wanted), with a 20% DC that warstore gives, I can get my entire 1500 point list, and all the paints for said list, for 252 dollars. I'm going to pick up my brushes and glue from a local arts and craft store, which I won't figure into my costs(because, hopefully, it won't be that much.)

I'm probably going to end up 20-25 dollars over budget, but that's not as bad as I thought it'd be.
    Last edited by bgamer; October 22nd, 2008 at 23:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

I made my targeting arrays by cutting off the antenna from the multi-tracker. I like the idea of an array of multiple lenses to produce detailed targeting and range information - it works for me.
    -Thread Killer Bryan
    Tyranid Hive Fleet Typhoeus
    T'au Empire, Bork'an Sept

+ Reply to Thread