Welcome to Librarium Online!
Hey I saw this sort of thing in another thread and thought it would be interestin for a DE version
So what is the funniest/coolest/most random/etc moment you've ever had during a battle?
Mine`ll be when my 10 warriors were shot up by a squad of 3 landspeeders, leaving one man with a blaster left. Over the next 4 turns he followed them around and took out all 3 of them.
Guys with blasters are always the best, I had the same guy with blaster grab the game winning objective 2 games in a row recently, the first time he was the only man left, the second time it was only he who was within 3" due to a fleet roll of 6! His squad also grabbed an objective in the game after. Henow rides shotgun with the HQs in my case.
Mine in a nut shell:
An Archite high on vitae taking out Abbadon in 1.5 turns by himself
Lelith killing the Nightbringer
Deploying 2 portals with only 2 sybarites and a warrior (only 3 models left on the table) and then have the portal units table the Tau by turn 5.
A lone Haemonculus high on c-drugs killing 5 terminators in one turn (shooting and cc)
2 Haemonculi killing 5 terminators just in the shooting phase
2 Haemonculi high on c-drugs killing 10 genestealers
Urien sucking up a Slaanesh Deamon Prince into the crucible of malediction.
A Haemonculus high on c-drugs killing Sammael
These come to mind the most.
"On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]
The high point of my short spell as a DE general so far is definitely when my haemy pulled his reaver up next to a particularly troublesome squad of ultramarine terminators and scorched 4 of them to acid-charred ashes with his destructor before disembowling the last one in the assault phase.
He got killed straight after but had more than done done his duty by then. Good work fella!
Nurse by day, Haemonculus by night
4th ed, pre new Ork codex -
My three reaver tank-hunters sliding round the side of the orkish horde to find the Warboss and his entourage. They shot at it for fun, did enough wounds to make the orks make a Leadership test - which they failed and fell back. The reavers shepherded the Warboss back off the orkish table edge.
And any game where my archon and wyches get a Turn 1 assault in is a good game!
My Talos getting charged by a max CC weapon defiler and killing it due to his I4.
A squad of tank reavers missing a Defiler with blasters then killing it in CC with an agonizer.
My Talos getting charged by Typhus, Typhus' daemon weapon going crazy and wounding him, then the Talos finishing off the last 2 wounds. Beautiful.
For the sins of the past.
For the sins of our fathers.
For the sins of ourselves.
In 5th it must be the one game I've played against another DE player.
It was tourney and we both knew it was either going to be a game with a lot of jumping around waiting for the first person to stuff up or.... or... a massive bloodbath where the winner would be determined in short order. Well it turned into the latter. game was ended on my 4th turn with him wiped out. It was close though, Almost went either way till the end By the end of my third all he had left was 3 raiders which he then used to try and blowup my troops with the explosions from.
Very bloody very quick (except we delayed while thinking about each of our turns) and very very fun.
Dear Game Developer,Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
The best moment in one of MY Dark Eldar battles must be –
• Raiders rushed forward on turn 1,
• Troops disembarked turn 2 and the Raiders moved forwards again and from then on they were ignored by the enemy Imperial Guard as they were deemed the lesser threat having only 1 lance shot and no LOS to his Basilisk,
• Turn 3, one of the Raiders was camped right up amongst at least 30 enemy troops and finally had an angled shot against his hidden Basilisk – it was then that it received the attention of every gun within range and promptly received a “Vehicle Annihilated” result. This gives a 6” radiused kill zone giving 1 wound on a 4+ and against massed Guard you can imagine the hilarity this produced! (Well I found it funny.)
• Turn 4 saw a smoking crater mark the graves of about 15 Guardsmen! Unexpected and priceless!
The best moment from one of my friends Dark Eldar battles must have been when he was against a Grey Knights army.
On turn 2 a Landraider full of Grey Knights with the HQ attached was pounced upon by 3 Reavers, one armed with a blaster.
The blaster achieves a penetrating hit with ‘vehicle explodes’ result, and the entangled troops got shot to death with about two remaining alive after the attack!
The opponent was seriously in shock and could only mumble inaudibly “They were the Emperor’s finest!” To which my DE friend replied “well…. they WERE!”
It actually took me shaking his shoulder to break his trance and continue on with the game.
But subsequently his Dreadnought took out 2 Talos at once so what comes around goes around I suppose!
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
So many to choose from..
1. In 4th ed, my Archon with agonizer taking out 2 full squads of marines, a space marine commander with command squad, space marine dreadnaught, and a librarian all in subsequent turns!
2. My archon on jetbike getting wounded 21 times by str 6 scatterlasers from a warwalker squadron and making all 21 saves!
3. a squad of wyches wipes out some scouts, then gets shot down to just the succubus and 1 other wyche who are then assaulted by a ten man assault marine squad, and over 3 rounds proceed to kill all ten for no loss in return.
4. Mass Assulting a necron player on turn 1 and wiping out 4 squads in one turn leading to a turn 3 phase out.
A full warp beast unit eating a chaos sorceror and 10 IoK chaos marines in 2 turns of combat.
A 10 strong warrior squad with 2 splintercannon eating a 10 strong assault with massed fire and they then proceeded to kill a tactical squad in a gun battle.
A wych unit killing 3 carnifexes, a zoanthrope and most of a hive tyrant's guard against a nidzilla-ish army on their own.
Having a triple las pred trade shots with a ravager for 3 turns only for the ravager to be immobilised and the pred shot to pieces.
An archon and 5 incubi getting angry and slicing and dicing the best part of a 1K marine army.
Lastly the awesome occurence of 3 games against marines being ended by turn 2 because I take triple ravager at 1K (well, it wasn't so awesome for my opponents but I enjoyed it).