New To De - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New To De

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys. Ive been watching my friend getting pounded into the ground time after time w/ the DE, and that has inspired me to start-up DE w/ my little bro. I am not new to Warhammer, but i need to know if the battle force box is a good deal. I plan on picking up the codex, battle force box w/ special weapons blisters, an HQ blister, and a pack of wyches, maybe two. would that serve a fairly good, low point army? i dont want to go out and pick up the codex, then go out some other time to buy the pieces, so i thought you guys could help get me started. I am willing to spend about $200 to start it off. thanks for your help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Start things off, yes, that is a good idea. DO NOT BUY THE MEGA FORCE. It has units you will never use.

The Battle force really saves your money. However, I suggest getting some raiders and perhaps a squad of wyches or warriors, depending on what you plan to do. 200 is a little low, but you can pull off a quite shooty army at this point. I think wyches are best saved for later, when you have more money to spend.

My suggestions:

Battle Force - $100
    Raider - $30
    Warrior - $30
    Archon - $10
    Incubi - $20

That's 2 Raiders, one Archon, 4 Incubi, 36 warriors, 5 Reaver Jetbikes. If you can find the money, get some DL blister packs, but if you can't, simply proxy the DLs with Splinter Cannons.

You might also consider putting your Archon on a jetbike; however I don't do that, even though others make it very effective. I like the punch Incubi have, which is why.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im planning this army to start out as a 40k in 40 min. and then expand, so do you guys ever use wyches in those small of games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but with your budget, it wouldn't be wise to buy those NOW (later like I said).

They are CC monsters; especially when it comes down to taking down OTHER CC monsters, in their own grounds.

However, they are expensive, 2 boxes for $40, 10 wyches. However, if you can pull off the cash, by all means get them. Forego the extra warriors box, and get these. ALWAYS keep them on raiders; 6+ saves are equal to using ducktape for armor.

Buy 2 DL blisters if you can; if not proxy like I said.

Make 2 DL sniper squads; these will destroy ALL tanks in 40k in 40 mintues (like your friend is gonna use Armored Company ).

Get that HQ on a raider; it will cause havoc as well as the wyches.

Your VERY NEXT thing to get would be ravager; remember to order disintegrators, as the damned machine doesn't come with it. The Ravager will destroy anyone you want, OK???
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds great and thanks a bunch. Any more help would be greatly appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest you read my Dark Eldar for newbies in the armies general section; I made it in the wrong place, he he he. . . :unsure:

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So should i put my HQ on a jetbike and place them with my other jetbikes making a rock hard assult army, or should i get those incubi. The raider will draw a lot of fire-power because my opponent will notice the hulking, flying tank coming towards him. With my HQ on a bike, it will offer a nasty surprise to my opponent. Plus the "Commandments of the DE" said that this configuration would be a force to be reckoned with. Plus it will save me money to get a ravager, or more warriors, reavers, etc. I know in the future i would like to include incubi, but is it really necesary at this time, i.e. a 400/500 point list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First things. A box of jetbikes costs $40. That is freaking expensive.

Jetbikes are pretty expensive in 400/500 points, but a group of 4 with Dracon (don't ever use Archons in games smaller than 1000) can cause alot of havoc. However, that will take up about 200 points alone. Are the rules for 40k/40min different??? Cuz then you'll have to spend 200 on troops, and I suggest 2 sniper squads. For heavy support, if you have the points, get a ravager w/3 dissies. If not, get a Talos. That thing will dominate in small battles.

I know me and ArchonAstaroth sometimes have different approaches to different situation; note that there are multiple ways to make an effective DE army. I simply find Incubi for fun to use; my jetbikes are solely made for anti-tank purposes, and when they finish their job, they rush into the biggest, baddest squad/troops they can get, and take them out with agonizers and blasters. I.E. against chaos, I ALWAYS take out their defilers, then destroy their Obliterators. Against big though folk like Oblits, a small squad of reavers excel.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only reason that thouht of using my dracon w/ a jetbike is b/c the battleforce comes w/ five, mnaking it a fairly strong hitting unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>> To Start things off, yes, that is a good idea. DO NOT BUY THE MEGA FORCE. It has units you will never use.

There is a Dark Eldar Mega Force? Never heared about it, but I bet it must me rather old, back when DE were new and everyone talked about them.
    If this wasn´t a writing mistake, what is inside this ominious box? Just ask for curiousity, because I nearly have everything that I could ever want for army composition.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast