./sigh AOBR - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: ./sigh AOBR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

./sigh AOBR

Sigh, AOBR
    I love your nice sculpts, cheap models, and handy rulebook.
    I hate the noob pollution following in your wake.

So many times we have answered the same technical questions.
    So few, the people who seek these answers rather than ask again.
    Sad that those who seek go unnoticed for they are worth of the community.

Bravo and welcome, you who finds answers for himself,
    And shame on he who will never read this post in the first place.

Last edited by Courtsloth; November 2nd, 2008 at 00:44.
    Two's to kill. Ahh, sweet sweet music.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

I almost replied unfavorably before getting all the way through your post!(that would have been bad forum etiquette) I was going to give a shout out to all us "noobs" who try hard to seek answers and even contribute when we can, but you took care of that!

All forums come with a certain etiquette regardless of their content and one of those rules is to not regurgitate threads that have already been posted over and over...especially ones that are sticky! Having participated in numerous forums on a wide range of topics this is a rule I've done my best to follow here!

But regardless of how obvious it seems to me about what you're saying, I found myself answering a question in the forums the other day that was straight forward. I simply looked it up in the rulebook. I wanted to help and I notice that no one else was helping...I imagine it's the backlash from the syndrome you're talking about...

Cheers,

Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Man, there is no need to post about it, just ignore the posts, or link them to a thread that answers it. Where do you think all good players have to come from, asking what we think are silly questions, they learn quick and most become valuable members of LO.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

While noob fatigue isn't uncommon, badgering them in their eager innocence does little to muster enthusiasm for the game, foster enjoyment of this site, or answer questions that confused many others on sundry occasions. We're all guilty of being a noob at some point and asking a question the answer to which that was self-evident or easily located, even though we'd read it before, just plain forgotten, or drank too much the night before.

Learning rules takes time, and speaking as a teacher, I can state that all learning requires repetition. Be patient with the noobs.

I really don't see how this can be a positive thread as it's original post's apparent intention is derision.

~Closed~
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Closed Thread