Your Opinion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: The value of a previous thread.

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the thread deserved to be closed as it could serve no positive purpose.

12 100.00%
  • No, the thread's message was misinterpreted and it should have been left open.

0 0%
  • Other (you are welcome to elaborate below).

0 0%
Closed Thread

Thread: Your Opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Opinion

A recent thread of mine (linked at the bottom of the page) was closed by the moderators and I, out of curiosity, want to know the opinion(s) of you the community members. By no means do I seek to usurp the authority of the moderators, but I feel I have been misunderstood and your collective take on the matter would be valuable to me as I review what has happened. Thank you for your time and, of course, all thoughts are welcome.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...sigh-aobr.html

Two's to kill. Ahh, sweet sweet music.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Honestly bud, I think it is a matter you should just drop.

It was a witty poem, if that is what you are asking, and it did give me a slight chuckle, but alas, I laugh at most things, and there are some that find any excuse to start a e-fight, which, that poem I could see inspiring very easily.

Don't be surprised if this thread too, gets locked, as it most likely will. Don't be upset about it or worried, just learn from your lesson, and try not to post QQ threads about teaching people over and over again who don't look for answers themselves. We all get like that time and again. When you get tired of it, just stop helping for a bit until you are no longer tired of it. Everyone needs a break.

You have a good day man, I would suggest going to walmart, buy some nice bubble bath mix, maybe some aroma therapy candles, and have a relaxing bath, that might help with the frustration of helping new guys all day!!

-Goblin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Take it up with the mods via PM, making another thread won't do any good.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Although I agree with some aspects, I don't entirely feel that its all that much of a bad thing for 40k to have newer players, especially since I never have anyone to play against and AOBR has given us all so many more orks and marines to goto war with, it can't be a bad thing.

The rules are hard to learn, I'm only just now getting it together after almost a year and somethings still confuse me because I don't have all day to read the books or study 40k in my spare time.

Thats all I'm going to say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

so...you made a thread with nothing but a poem in it that got closed, and now you made another thread about the first thread being closed, that will also probably be closed????
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slobulous View Post
    so...you made a thread with nothing but a poem in it that got closed, and now you made another thread about the first thread being closed, that will also probably be closed????
    Yes. Tho, the most likely goal of closing this thread would be to censor the first and if that were the moderators' goal, why would they not just delete it in the first place? I mean to cause no sensation and to continually close threads would only seem to goad on those who would.

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsduane
    I don't entirely feel that its all that much of a bad thing for 40k to have newer players, especially since I never have anyone to play against and AOBR has given us all so many more orks and marines to goto war with, it can't be a bad thing.
    I think its wonderful how useful AOBR is to both new and veteran players alike - I have recommended it to everyone I know who could benefit from its contents. I, in fact, work in a game store - I spend a lot of my time teaching new players or helping those who already play elevate their game and I quite enjoy doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Take it up with the mods via PM
    I have no problem with the Mods, only with those who would use our community rather than add to it. My first post was a gripe to that effect (as well as a thank you to those who are positive additions to our community - everyone here included, of course) while this thread is a yardstick by which to measure the community's reaction/interpretation of my methods.
    Two's to kill. Ahh, sweet sweet music.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Courtsloth View Post
    A recent thread of mine (linked at the bottom of the page) was closed by the moderators and I, out of curiosity, want to know the opinion(s) of you the community members. By no means do I seek to usurp the authority of the moderators, but I feel I have been misunderstood and your collective take on the matter would be valuable to me as I review what has happened. Thank you for your time and, of course, all thoughts are welcome.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...sigh-aobr.html
    If you have questions concerning a mod action, PM the mod involved or another. Posting another thread, as someone has already noted, will do more to exacerbate than solve any perceived problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtsloth View Post
    Yes. Tho, the most likely goal of closing this thread would be to censor the first and if that were the moderators' goal, why would they not just delete it in the first place? I mean to cause no sensation and to continually close threads would only seem to goad on those who would.

I think its wonderful how useful AOBR is to both new and veteran players alike - I have recommended it to everyone I know who could benefit from its contents. I, in fact, work in a game store - I spend a lot of my time teaching new players or helping those who already play elevate their game and I quite enjoy doing so.

I have no problem with the Mods, only with those who would use our community rather than add to it. My first post was a gripe to that effect (as well as a thank you to those who are positive additions to our community - everyone here included, of course) while this thread is a yardstick by which to measure the community's reaction/interpretation of my methods.
    One goal of closing this thread is to direct you to the proper channel to voice your concerns. Moreover, threads are meant to encourage enjoyable discussions about a hobby and game. Sometimes those discussions become heated, people disagree contentiously, but they maintain that much-needed civility. Using threads as personal soapboxes or yardsticks of one's conduct does little towards that end.

Continually closing threads goads only those who lack the self-control or insight to opt for a different and established avenue. Shifting the fault from a member who has made himself a willing agitator to a moderator who has made himself a proponent of keeping the site civil seems absurd to me. Mind you, I don't think you've made yourself an agitator, but that bit seems a paucity of logic.

What's more, there is a site feedback and support forum if you have questions that you feel haven't been addressed after availing yourself of a PM.

If you don't like something, then feel free to complain, but the previous thread had the makings of a flame fest as it was deriding newbies who fail to follow whatever you and whomever else believe to be the proper channels of rules inquiry. If you had posed the same concerns differently, the thread could have remained open. As it was, it was asking for trouble based on my experience.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Closed Thread