New FW warboss on bike... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New FW warboss on bike...

I was thinking strongly of starting orks before this guy came out, but now i think theyve made my descision for me...its an incredible model combined with the nob bikers they released earlier in the year.

So my question is this: Is a full biked/trucked up ork army competative enough to shed out the cash for? or am i missing the point of orks, and they'd be enough fun to play to justify the investment.

Also, if anyone could point me in the way of such a list, or picture of this kind of army, id be very gratefull

-hoops

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Both players will have to produce their most recent till receipts and the player
    with the highest amount spent on ‘Blue Marines’ wins.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

I think its competitive. To be effective with trukks you'll need a few anyway, so its a good way to go. Of course, you'll lose some flexibility of a vanilla, but it stands to be a powerful force.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

One footslogging unit

I'd include at least one footslogging troop unit, even if it's a unit of 12-19 grotts w/runtherder. Otherwise claiming objectives is going to be weird, since you'll probably have one objective sitting in your deployment zone, but no troop unit that you want to leave sitting there (sitting a trukk on it is probably a bad idea). A single unit on foot will help hold it, and probably drop below your opponent's radar. Otherwise the army idea sounds good. Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take Wazdakka as your HQ then ALL ork bikers are troops. Run about two six strong mobs of bikes with Nobs (with PKs of course) together with at least three trukks and possibly one twenty strong footslogging shoota boy unit with two big shootas and a Nob with PK to sit on your home objective (in cover) as Grax suggests. The rest is up to you and whatever points you've got left, but don't accessorise your trukks - its not worth it! Stikkbomb chukkas are probably the most useful thing tho take since then you count as having assault grenades when they dive out and assault your opponents squads hiding in cover.

Personally I'd go for three separate DeffKoptas and some ellites - either burnas or lootas in a looted wagon or sneaky kommandos with burnas (but maybe that's my Bloodaxe side sidling out into the open...)
    If green power armour is good enough for the Fallen One, then its good enough for the rest of us...

+ Reply to Thread