Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Greetings fellow 40K minds (like the title)
Anyway, I was in a bit of a situation here with a Necron player. Let me lay it out for you.
Now there was time for speculation. I said to my opponent that the Stinger template should be used with the normal rules for it (ie. AP = Sv, S = T), but he insisted that the original "C'Tan Bomb" be used.
- C'Tan Nightbringer was 12 inches away from a lone Haemonculus with a Stinger after a terrible round of gauss weaponry straight to my warriors left him stranded
- Thank the heavens it was my turn. And thank the heavens after an absolutely delightful shooting phase from the previous turn by 4 Dark Lances (courtesy of your friendly, neighbourhood Ravager and Raider), it was down to its last wound. The look on my opponent's face was telling a story. "He is a god!"
- I decided I may as well take the risk and shoot the NB with the Stinger. I managed to hit on a 5, and being able to wound on a 2+, it was inevitable that I would wound too.
- And wouldn't you believe it, THE NIGHTBRINGER FAILED ITS SAVE! HAH! No wounds left, and I say to my opponent, "Well, he was a god!"
- But then something hit me, a model that dies by the effect of a stinger explodes, using a blast marker and a C'Tan that dies by the effect of its last wound explodes too, using another blast marker, or in this case a Large BM.
And my question: who is right? Me? Him? Or are both templates used? Or worst case scenario, none?
Any ideas would be good!
Also, if there is something I am overlooking here, then I would like to know, such as a rule or special rule.
Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Tricky one! You could do them both, or if you're arguing over which one SHOULD be used instead of the other, you can roll a D6 each and whoever scores highest gets to choose. Or have a samurai duel to the death, and whoever lives gets to choose. Because the other will be dead, and dead people arent choosers!
Use both, both special rules would apply.
http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!
Yeah, I don't see any reason both wouldn't go off.
funny story, have to try it my self. anyway you probly should have used both (just for the fun of it), but if never of you new the D6 roll would have been suficant.
I don’t think that this is covered by the Rules Book and is a clash between Codex’s only – so I see that both actions must be applied to satisfy both Codex’s.
The small marker is a result of the weapon and the large marker is the result of the model
One for the rules forum I think!
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
Both are different special rules. It is only fluff that makes you think that they should not be both used. And we both know fluff doesn't mean much.
This said, you will be usinga small blast template on the C'Tan, This will hardly reach over his baseline. Basically doing nothing.
Dear Game Developer,Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
LOL, that was classic!
I would say both. The C'Tan model is more of a representation of a god's presence on our plane rather than the model being "exactly" him. This would help the fluff that this physical representation vessel (on our plane) explodes from the stinger and then the space-time continuum implodes/explodes with the sudden vacuum of released energy (the actual "connection" to our plane suddenly being severed and causing a reaction).
Other than that would the explosion really make a difference? Were there surrounding models nearby?
"On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]
where in the necron book is the thing about exploding necron c'tan?
Army » « Necrons » « Tyranids