How good is Alaitoc Eldar now with 5th Ed rules? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How good is Alaitoc Eldar now with 5th Ed rules?

I was just posting in the Dark Eldar thread and I mentioned Alaitoc. After reading the 5th ED book a few times, I'm pretty sure that Alaitoc got a REAL boost since sniper weapons also count as Rending now. I used to have 1500pts of Alaitoc, with lots and lots of Rangers (I loved the idea of having an army of sniper rifles). I know theres a new Eldar codex out, but I have no idea about it, or how Eldar have changed.

I WAS thinking of rebuilding my Alaitoc army, but that will come AFTER I've finished my Dark Eldar. But since this is the Eldar area, could someone please inform me of how much better or worse Alaitoc are now?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Rangers are pretty awesome in the new rules set. A player at my local store spams 3 batches of 8 and they shred the opponent's expensive stuff. He also brings 3 bright lance EML wraithlords. These fit nicely in with the alaitoc theme and do a significant amount of damage to tanks. Pretty much, yeah alaitoc is looking like the new eldar cheese army... Still an awesome army to collect with great models and conversion opportunities.
    Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
    questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
    knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
    -Farseer Marauth
    Meet My Autarch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dekendo View Post
    Rangers are pretty awesome in the new rules set. A player at my local store spams 3 batches of 8 and they shred the opponent's expensive stuff. He also brings 3 bright lance EML wraithlords. These fit nicely in with the alaitoc theme and do a significant amount of damage to tanks. Pretty much, yeah alaitoc is looking like the new eldar cheese army... Still an awesome army to collect with great models and conversion opportunities.
    Sounds about right ay! I had lots of Rangers, Falcon, Wraithlords, and Guardians with Starcannons. I think the correct equation now is:

Alaitoc = Death.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

The problem with rangers is when you have to capture rather than just hold on to objectives. In a game with 3 objectives you could have one near your deployment zone but the other two could be miles away. Infiltrate could be used but could leave the ranger unit dangerously exposed to a combat they are unsuited for.

Hellhounds also ruin your day.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Well, the first thing you need to know is that with the new codex Alaitoc lost all its special rules, no more disruption tables and no more extra troops choices.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

+ Reply to Thread