Help Tailor My Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Help Tailor My Force

Hiya guys, Ive never had a game with my eldar force and wont for a couple of months at least, but I want to crack on with building the force. Trouble is ive hit a wall and dont know what to add as I have no idea how effective things are! (If I could get a game in I would, but I cant so please dont suggest getting a game in!)

The force is Exodite themed, and built for fun first, but Id still like it to be competitive, not tournament level, but still a challenge.

The games Ill be playing are 2 and 3k (3k using apoc rules). Id like thoughts and feedback on all parts of the army, plus suggestions for things to add. Any specific questions I have are in blue.

So heres what ive got so far.
    1 farseer Probably take doom, guide, spirit stones, spear and three warlocks with spears and 1 embolden. This is the first part of the force I need your help with. In the 3k list ill probably add another farseer and warlock unit.
    1 Autarch on jetbike with banshee mask and lance.This guy will join the shining spears and be used for terminator hunting. Again Id like advice on this.

Im also giving serious thought to including an Avatar to the 3k list.

5 Banshees + 1 exarch with executioner war shout and acrobatic
    5 Banshees + 1 exarch with mirror swords war shout and acrobatic Should I drop an exarch and make this a single unit? If so which exarch?
    7 Harlequins with harlequins kiss, 1 with fusion pistol, 1 troupe leader, 1 shadowseer

Thats it for elites, the other units dont really fit with the exodite theme and I dont think I really need them

10 guardians with scatter laser
    10 Pathfinders
    6 jetbikes 2 shuricannons
    6 jetbikes 2 Shuricannons

Im quite happy with this set up, I dont want dire avengers as again they arnt fluffy. I might drop a few jet bikes. (jetbikes are horses to make them fluffy )

2 shining spears + 1 exarch with that special lance and withdraw. As said above, these guys are with the exarch. (mounted on cold ones for fluff)
    1 vyper with shuricannon and eml
    1 vyper with shuricannon and eml I like these vyper load outs, giving me the cannons shots plus a small blast every turn. Each will stay with a unit of jet bikes. Im not sure if I should add another one and make a single squadron though. Also I like the look of the warp spiders, how good are they and would they help this army? (using hawks for vypers)

1 falcon with eml and holofields Im thinking 2 would be better? (Using high elf dragons for falcons.)
    3 war walkers with scatter lasers Again im happy with these guys, using chariots instead of walkers.

With my heavy slots im torn with what to add. In the 3k list there will definitely be another falcon. I like the dark reapers. How many would make a nice marine killing force if they had an exarch, tempest launchers and crack shot/fast shot? I also like the look of the vibro and d cannons. which would give me the biggest benefit in this force?

And thats it. Anyone who helps will get rep as they should, but please dont just tell me what to do without saying why.

Heres the army so far (most have already seen it, but getting more viewers never hurts ) http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-exodites.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

BTW I don't know any exodite fluff but it sounds pretty interesting, what's this with horses and chariots? Most of my advice is more on effectiveness than fluffyness. Ok I just checked out your guys, they're amazing dude! That's such a cool concept where is the fluff on all this I'd like to read up on it. The weapon mounts on the cold ones and dragons look really good and seamless

Quote Originally Posted by macewind View Post
    1 farseer Probably take doom, guide, spirit stones, spear and three warlocks with spears and 1 embolden. This is the first part of the force I need your help with. In the 3k list ill probably add another farseer and warlock unit.
    With the units you have that seems like the best combo. What are the other 2 warlocks going to have? I think both having destructor will make this a very versitile unit able to kill tanks and big things with their spears and infantry with the flamers.

1 Autarch on jetbike with banshee mask and lance.This guy will join the shining spears and be used for terminator hunting. Again Id like advice on this.
    Personally I would go for mandiblasters instead, the extra attack is better than always striking first when he has plasma grenades and an initiative so high anyway. Giving him a reaper launcher gives the unit a huge boost in the shooting phase cuz remember the bike makes him relentless.

Im also giving serious thought to including an Avatar to the 3k list.
    My favorite combo, farseer w/council and an avater with a bunch of guardians.The 24" bubble of fearlessness is great while your advancing and makes the guardians very deadly, especially combined with the farseer's guide. I would prefer him over the autarch but fluff wise the autarch would

5 Banshees + 1 exarch with executioner war shout and acrobatic
    5 Banshees + 1 exarch with mirror swords war shout and acrobatic Should I drop an exarch and make this a single unit? If so which exarch?
    7 Harlequins with harlequins kiss, 1 with fusion pistol, 1 troupe leader, 1 shadowseer

Thats it for elites, the other units dont really fit with the exodite theme and I dont think I really need them
    2 units are better than one, one big unit will definitely wipe out just about anything in the game in 1 round, not good in 5th edition as it leaves you out to dry the next turn. While normally you need numbers for a CC unit I like to keep them smaller as they're easier to hide and more likely to get the magical 2 rounds of combat instead of 1 and rapid fired to death

10 Pathfinders
    6 jetbikes 2 shuricannons
    6 jetbikes 2 Shuricannons

Im quite happy with this set up, I dont want dire avengers as again they arnt fluffy. I might drop a few jet bikes. (jetbikes are horses to make them fluffy )
    I'd splite the pathfinders into 2 groups of 5, it gives you the ability to cover 2 fire lanes, cover 2 objectives and lots of other things.

Personally I always have a warlock with my guardians, normally with conceal to give them cover on the go, or embolden if I plan on just hanging back with them but I like to be aggressive. If you need pts I'd drop one of the banshee exarch's power (not familiar with what acrobatic does so I'll leave that choice to you) and maybe downgrade at least 1 unit of rangers to pathfinders

2 shining spears + 1 exarch with that special lance and withdraw. As said above, these guys are with the exarch. (mounted on cold ones for fluff)
    1 vyper with shuricannon and eml
    1 vyper with shuricannon and eml I like these vyper load outs, giving me the cannons shots plus a small blast every turn. Each will stay with a unit of jet bikes. Im not sure if I should add another one and make a single squadron though. Also I like the look of the warp spiders, how good are they and would they help this army? (using hawks for vypers)
    Wouldn't withdraw be engated if the autarch joins? not sure but it might be. Warp spiders are amazing, one of the eldar's best fast attack options imo. They would fit your army nicely in terms of build having the speed to keep up and the dakka, would you convert them at all?

1 falcon with eml and holofields Im thinking 2 would be better? (Using high elf dragons for falcons.)
    3 war walkers with scatter lasers Again im happy with these guys, using chariots instead of walkers.

With my heavy slots im torn with what to add. In the 3k list there will definitely be another falcon. I like the dark reapers. How many would make a nice marine killing force if they had an exarch, tempest launchers and crack shot/fast shot? I also like the look of the vibro and d cannons. which would give me the biggest benefit in this force?
    2 falcons is definitely better, gives both banshees or your council a transport and puts more armored vehicles on the board. While you have the walkers and vypers their av is low enough to be shot at by some anti infantry weapons (heavy bolters, assault and auto cannons) and leave all the enemy's dedicated anti-tank fire for your lone falcon. 2 would split this and increase their potential exponentially.

Your list seems competitive enough while keeping it fluffy and fun to play, I'd like to see a finish build of this I like the concepts you have with the dragons and such.

Just a conversion oppurtunity/cool idea, a wingless dragon use as a wraithlord?
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

There is a small amount of info in the current codex about the exodites, however most of the stuff ive gotten from google searches. GW has never really gone into detail about them I dont think, thats probably why not many people have had a go at creating their own force!

Heres two links with some info to get you started and thanks for the kind words
    wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Eldar
    Eldar (Warhammer 40,000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Great advice too, the idea of adding a reaper launcher makes the autarch a whole lot tastier! He could detatch himself from the spear then and be solid enough to go it alone. I think thats a must do.

Withdraw isnt negated by the autarch joining, he gains the ability also ref: Exarch Powers pg 21
    Spiders have just been added to my wish list too, gotta think of a neat conversion idea for them. Something along the lines of forest spirits sounds interesting

Another falcon is on the cards too, ive got the model, its just fitting it into the 2k list.

As for the wraithlord, ive got something in mind but im holding off on it. this force will be attending the tempus fugitives campaign in may and they usually invent their own units, so I might be using this idea for one of those units. stay tuned to the exodite thread for updates

+ Reply to Thread