Keep on trukkin' - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep on trukkin'

hey there, i've just put my first truck into my army and i have some questions about it that i can't find coverage of in the rules. can it only be used for the units that say "can take a trukk as dedicated transport" or can anyone travel in it?

i only ask because i've got a squad of burnas who don'tget to see enough action and something about whoosy flame death in a trukk appeals.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buy the truck for a mob of boyz. dont put boyz in it during deployment. put burnas within 2 inches of truck during deployment. 1st turn move burnas 2 inches into truck. use truck as normal. rinse and repeat.

-FERRELL
    when life gives you lemons.........LEMONS FOR THE LEMON GOD!!
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by tom o'bedlam View Post
    hey there, i've just put my first truck into my army and i have some questions about it that i can't find coverage of in the rules. can it only be used for the units that say "can take a trukk as dedicated transport" or can anyone travel in it?

i only ask because i've got a squad of burnas who don'tget to see enough action and something about whoosy flame death in a trukk appeals.
    Burnas can not use a trukk. As you guessed only units that say "can take a trukk as dedicated transport" may take a trukk. If you would like a transport for your Burnas you may use a looted wagon or a battle wagon to move them about as whoosy flames of death!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

argh! contradicting answers....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ferrellmeister is indeed correct. You cannot buy a trukk per se for your burna's, but you can buy a trukk for another unit and then get into it with your burna's. The key is that you cannot start in someone else's transport during deployment, but you can get into their vehicle instead of them during the first turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x1)

Hmm, I'm new here and to 40k, but this is news to me and everything that I've been told by other Ork players! I'm confused because the 5th edition rules state that some transports have restrictions on what models can embark in them. Page 66, first column, last paragraph under "Transport Capacity" in the hard back 5th edition rules.

The key word to me is "embark" because the next section uses the words embarking and disembarking to describe the rules of how a character may enter and leave a transport. I have the codices for both Orks and Space Marines and I feel that GW has chosen to use the phrase "dedicated transport" for anything fitting under this rule. They are very consistent between the two codices I have when indicating which models are allowed to take a dedicated transport.

Although I really want to be wrong (I originally wanted to use a trukk for burnas) I still believe you can not use a Trukk for burnas. Can anyone else shed some light on this situation?

Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x1)

WAIT! Page 67, last section in second column: "Dedicated Transports" in 5th Edition hardback. Jmanj and Ferrell are correct. After the game has begun you may load the Burnas into the transport on turn 1. If you do exactly what Ferrellmeister suggested then it seems perfectly legit.

The only thing I would be worried about is if you don't get to go first... your burnas are just standing there and your empty trukk is a nice target for someone really shooty.

So there, no more contradicting answers.

Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just put the Trukk and burnas behind terrain, and you should be ok, plus if you have other Trukk's, there should be plenty of threats to help protect the burna's new Trukk.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

This is the correct answer

Anyone can ride in the trukk, provided that they can fit. Only units that have the option to buy a dedicated transport can purchase them though. Also, you cannot start another unit in the dedicated transport besides the one that purchased it. The unit that purchased the trukk doesn't have to start the game inside it, and on the first turn the other unit can pile in.

Yeah, I know it's confusing, but here's what you can do:

1. Field a unit of boyz with a trukk (I'd give the trukk a ram).

2. Start the game with the boyz outside the trukk, but within 2 inches of one of it.

3. Start the game with the burna boyz all within 2 inches of the trukk (I'd do this behind cover, especially if you're not going first).

4. On the first turn, pile the burna boyz into the trukk, and drive off. Use the leftover regular boyz to claim objectives or guard other units (I'd make them shoota boyz, if you can).

I hope that answers your questions.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread