Dark Eldar Raven Flyer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar Raven Flyer

Has anyone seen this used, or used it, or have any good info about it? Google just gives me pics and a whole bunch of info from Soulstorm, which is useless to me. The rules for it are in the new Imperial Armour Apocalypse book which is availible for preorder. I saw the pics on Forgeworld and it looks like they just got drunk and converted it with parts from a Reaver Jetbike and a Raider. And yes, I am thinking of converting one from said models.

Anyone had any experience with it, or ANY flyer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well its in apocalypse if I remember correctly. And well tbh DE in apocalypse is a bit lol

boo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

yeah, i got one for cristmas last year, can use it in normal games with opponenets permision, it's a pretty model, but much bigger than a reaver, the reaver shaped bit is about 3x the size of a bike.

basicly, it's a target, people try and shoot it, but they don't usualy do much due to the flyer rules, and its abilty to shoot any tank in back armour (though it might always be side now... don't remember) but you'd be better off with another ravager instead, tbh

Grots/SoB/CSP/AWN/DE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Well, as a very passioned Dark Eldar player I got myself two of em XD

I just Love the Model and it realy is realy quite big. So the price is, i would say, cheap for forgeworld.

In gameplay it is raly neat. 'cause of its flyer rules its hard to shoot down, and because all your weapons are AA, you can go hunting other flyers with dark laces....
    Sadly, every flyer now has his own personal 4+Save(countig as a vehicle that has moved over 18")
    thats the reason, i did not managed to shoot down any one of the imperial flyers, at my first Apo match. (I had 6k Points of Dark Eldar, I tell you that was sweet)

But on the other hand, my two ravens didn't get shot down either....

So I realy like the model, and rulewise its sweet, but comepaird to the thunderbolt, expensive.
    But in Apo games, who cares?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

What is it's armament and how many points does it cost?

boo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

it's got a twin linked lance, a long barreled splinter cannon and costs XXX points (forum rules :p)

Grots/SoB/CSP/AWN/DE

Tak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x2)

The one thing I will say about the Raven; is that the air in-takes on the wings were really badly cast on both of mine.

It did take a very intenstive program of scraping and filing to get the models looking respectable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Hmm....are we on about the Jetbike looking thing from forge world ? if so i would first buy a reaver jetbike and add Raider bits onto the side hopefully you will have 2 spare Dark lances and a splinter cannon you can glue on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrazharMasterOfBlad2 View Post
    Hmm....are we on about the Jetbike looking thing from forge world ? if so i would first buy a reaver jetbike and add Raider bits onto the side hopefully you will have 2 spare Dark lances and a splinter cannon you can glue on.
    Man I've got more spare DLs than anything else! I just wish Disintegrators were more common! I'll have to come up with a badass conversion for it.
    R U 0K!??!? BUHHHHST WUUUULFFFFF!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by DrazharMasterofBlad2 View Post
    Yeah that is all good and all if you do not have a Forge World near you. I have actually seen a master craftsman in action making his own Raven at a GW. It was quite remarkable how he was going about it. He had just bought a Jetbike and a Raider, and was dismantling the sprues to oblivion. He made the jetbike, and then carefully took off the front 'spearhead' of the Raider and the entire body, excluding the 'driver tower' (best explanation I have) and glued that under the Jetbike. Do you remeber the crashed space ship from the orignal starter set for 4th Ed? (can't recall name). He took the actual cockpit from that and used it for the Raven's own one, very carefully removing the surrounding 'sand'. He then stuck two DLs on it, and for the wings, he got them from a Greater Daemon of Khorne (I know what you're thinking) but after he had finished painting it, it was absolutely killer. Excellent inspiration, but a bit out of my class I think.

Quote Originally Posted by kerpal_g View Post
    Man I've got more DLs than anything else!
    Sorry to go off subject, but why are you not using them?! Put them on your Warriors!

Fly High!
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast