Rate The Idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Rate The Idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

ahh the fresh ideas of newbies who are the only tyranid players in the town.

Anyway what do you think of my friends idea of a "Big" army; only Hivetyrants, Tyrantguard, Warriors, Stealers, and Carnifexes

Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit cheesy and not enoung cannon fodder (a bit like my own army, a problem I am in the process of rectifiying).

If the army is just for fun and there is no points limit then maybe go ahead with but but if its for a tournament and has a 1500-1800 pt limit them it will be unbalanced and will be shot to bits.

The big problem with that sort of army is that the stealers and warriors will be shot to bits before they get into H2H. He won't be able to make the broods big enough to survive sustained shooting.

The only way I can such an army surving any more than two rounds is to make the warriors winged/leaping but that makes them expensive for something that will be shot easily. One really cheesey but legal configurate would be to take a five HT's, 2 HQ choices and three winged HT's as fast attack, but that would be 1500+ points in HT's alone :o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Lictors aren't for taking shots, they're for scaring the crap out of marines and tearing up weak commanders like ork warbosses or etherals. It would be legal, but you'de need a hell of a lot of stealers to soak up fire. Shoot tyrants with enough weapons like massed lasguns and they fall over in one yes ONE shooting phase. Even with a two plus save.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6/10, noteworthy but impractical.

If you can get it to work, that'd be a fun game to play, but you could find yourself stuck. Besides, you can only have a max of 2 Tyrants(or 1 + Guards) and 3 Carnifex', so it would be mostly stealers and Warriors.

Probably would kick ass in a 1000pts only battle though.

-=Count Jasper=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

More genestelers and use the warrios as leapping Warriors.
    Nahhhh no lictors add some Raveners (Ok 1 lictors is good use them as monsieurcartier says is right)
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again it depends on what army your up against, the Small elite army of Big Nids,
    Well guarded tyrants, lots of carnies and stealers will do well against for example Typical spacewolves and BA players, but nots so well against Eldar or Tau

Lictors are useless against spacewolves....Lictor appears to ambush squad of blood claws and a gets counter attacked by three powerfist weilding loonies, but there handy against eldar and tau

so it can depend on who your playing...but i would recomend developing a more balanced allround army that can hld its own against most thing

Nids worst nightmare = beeing outnumberd by marines
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Closed Thread