beefs with orks and our point costs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beefs with orks and our point costs

I cant beleive how brutal orks are..

Claws make me cry because everything they swing at is 2+ to wound no saves. Power claws hidden within a 30 man unit its almost impossiable to kill the claw with out getting mowed.

Last game i played Ghazghkull Thraka wtf this guy is over powered. He was always in a truck so no matter what he made it to combat(even though he is slow and purpousful). then i charged him with a fex he killed that in one turn and charged my leader the next turn and killed that. that hurt loosing like 350-400 points in one turn.

Where are our transports to get people across the board!

Not to mention that a 6 point ork has 3 attacks 4 on a charge. ok well its not gona do that much damage to like a T6 creature but when you got enough swings it hurts and you can only kill like 4 of them a turn.

Other Random thought on our point costs
    what do we have thats close to orks points costs and throws that many dice.. a 5 point gaunt has a 12 inch gun like an ork, but has 2 less attacks, 1 less toughness, and less leadership.

ravener point cost vrs chaos deamon fiend of slanesh
    this is almost a stat for stat version of a ravener. but for 30 points hes got more attacks then ours.. so for the two extra scythes we get up to 38 points for an equal model what is up with that.

for the points now i think a basic gene is two expensive with that rend nerf.

ill probally add more latter but for now id like to know what you guys think about this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Just how did you managed to loose to ghazzy with a fex, you strike before him and gazzhy doesn't have an invulnerable unless he calls a waaagh,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Most effective unit IMO vs orks is a walking devil tyrant with 3 guards. Best way to kill orks is to use fearless against them if you can survive a combat chance are you will win it and since each point you win by is pretty much an extra dead ork you can eat through them pretty fast.

Again though I have seen devil tyrants with 3 guard just wreck whole units of ork boys. In fact I played my friends list last week vs an ork army and a good tactic is if he has 2 footslogging mobs even a little close to one another focus assault on one of them and then just try to clip the other mob. (so as they get envolved but try to do it so that not a lot of them get in the fight, harder to do with everything having the 6" move now but still possible vs the bigger squads of boys) This will not only take away the orks best CC ability (furious charge) but also makes it so when you win you force both units of boys to take the extra wounds from fearless.

Best way to kill fearless hordes is with this it is also why I highly dislike guants of anytype now as they suffer from this even worse then orks as they are lower toughness and not as effective in melee it is almost impossible for them to win in CC.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Stop complaining.

Did you forget the we have synaps and orks don't?

We have fleet instead if transports.

The only thing i agree with you on this is the points for genestealers. and even then i don't think that more then a 2 pts diffrence is needed.

My guess is that you need more shooting and or guants.
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I dont play nids.... But i feel this guys pain like no other... At this point in time i dont know that it is possible for a space marine army to beat an orc army...

****ing Thraka and his little mega-nob buddies ridce in there little truck and assault within the first two turns... Then throw in the 2 five man def kopta squads (one of which is kitted out with power fists) and really you are quite screwed... because the koptas are asured to be in combat on turn one.... god i hate orks

oh an dont forget... kill there truck and they might just move 3d6 closer to you
    Slaanesh, god of the beer goggles

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

Seriously Spacemarines are the most broken army out there right now you get free heavy weapons free champs more guns better guns for less points.

for the next 3 years I will not play vs SM because they are simply not balanced But I will play vs orks because at least they dont have plasmacannons and cc has been nerfed in 5:th

Nids vs orks hints:

stay back outshoot. Never ever ever deplay 12" in deploy as far back as you can and shoot them up. EC stealers will still massacre boys barbed stranglers are just evil vs orks. Try a pair of sniperfexes and some dakkafexes you cant loose.
    Last edited by Process; November 20th, 2008 at 10:44.
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

two notes, 1st: Orks are nasty as hell in close combat and they almost certainly will outnumber you. The solution to this problem, don't worry about it. Orkz can't hit the broad side of a barn. You can easily outshoot an ork oponent. Bring ~100 gaunts (spinies, split into as small a squad as possible), either 3 dakka fexes or (my choice) 2 squads of dakka death warriors (~6 warriors each), a squad of deathspitter warriors (3 is plenty, and this isn't required if you have 3 dakka fexes) and then your standard 2 dakka tyrants and 2-3 sniper fexes. This is pretty easy to do in 1750 (and in 2k you can throw a squad of bait stealers in for the hell of it). That much firepower, at 18 inches, you're going to blow away a ton of his boyz each turn. He can't shoot back with anything approaching the same effectivness (go go gadget BS2 and no livving ammo). You'll outshoot him easily.

2nd: Stop thinking about yourself as the ultimate CC warriors. You will lose CC to orkz on the charge, but there are ways to take advantage of the new rules. You toss up a squad of gaunts (say 15 of them). You take your pot shots, you get charged and are destroyed in a single turn. The result is that the orkz are now hung out to dry about 6-12 in. from your main force. So, you back up your big guns 6 in, advance your next speed bump squad forward (making sure they can't really get around them easily) and repeat. Do this 3 times in a row with your gaunts and you'll do a ton of damage to those boyz.

The short version, Nids can be a hammer against some oponents, marines and eldar in particular. But against orkz we have the be the scapel, throw up your gaunts as speed bumps (they can't advance into you after combat now) use your superior firepower and manuver in such a way that you can pump out the hurt. Ork trukks die very quickly to venom cannons, barbed stranglers, and even death spitters. Take out the trukks in the first few turns and then just pour on the dakka.
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game i played vrs orks i had 2 barb/daka tyrant and 3 barb/daka fex's with the rest gaunt coverage (so a fairly cheezy min/max army imo and i still lost). i tried to template the stuffing out of him. it worked ok but once the hoard makes it to you its over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

[quote=paul_Harkonen;1302526]
    2nd: Stop thinking about yourself as the ultimate CC warriors. You will lose CC to orkz on the charge, but there are ways to take advantage of the new rules. You toss up a squad of gaunts (say 15 of them). You take your pot shots, you get charged and are destroyed in a single turn. The result is that the orkz are now hung out to dry about 6-12 in. from your main force. So, you back up your big guns 6 in, advance your next speed bump squad forward (making sure they can't really get around them easily) and repeat. Do this 3 times in a row with your gaunts and you'll do a ton of damage to those boyz.[quote]

This is a good idea however you'll soon realise that orks are no sand people and will not attack In single file to hide their numbers. Sure you'll be better at shooting but he'll have other things aside from boyz.

I do agree that you need to stay away till the last possable moment, but what about if the orks have all the objectives in the middle of the board. 30 boys in cover will be hard to shoot out.

We can be better in CC if we try. Use shooting to reduce numbers and then charge with any one of our units that has a higher then I2 witch is most anything. I have had limited playing aginse orks and can't comment on what consistantly works but orks have crapy shooting and armor. use that you your advantage.
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

The times I played against orks I found that superstealers(ST, AM) with a broodlord (TS, FT) will tear through ork units like nothing and berzerker warriors (2xST, TS, AG+WS, EC, Bio plasma) will destroy orks-> a unit of 5 or 6 have a good chance of coming out on top against a full boyz unit. All you have to do is set up a few gaunt speed-bumps so the orks come a bit too close and tear their faces off. Just beware of lootas-> those things should never be underestimated.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast