Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Alright, just wondering. But what units do you least like to see your opponent set up across the table? Feel free to add reasons
I'll start out
-Bloodcrushers of Khorne, (this is a new addition, thanks Grant) oh boy, high WS/I power-weapons with a low save and lots of attacks.
-Terminators (of any sort but especially GK): not much to punch through that save, nasty ranged weapons, and all have some way to crush through WBB.
-Obliteratorslasma cannons. I could say more, but that's bad enough alone.
And while we're at it how about some favorite units to see your enemy place as well?
-Chimeras/Rhinos: rank and file gauss-fodder, perhaps slightly harder to take down in 5th, but a destroyer volley generally puts them in the junk heap.
-Medium infantry: basically anything sporting a 4+ save and "ok" weaponry, expensive enough to keep them low in number, but cheap enough to not survive most of our attacks.
-Tactical Marines: Nothing pleases me as much as crushing SMurfs with a Tomb Spyder, or tying up an HQ with scarabs.
Land Raider Crusader ... Filled with Terminators w/ lightning claws. It's usually manageable for a few turns if I get to go first, and can slow down the Land Raider with some Destroyers, but if they get first turn it's OVER Johnny.
Necrons ~4500pts / Orks ~2000pts / Thousand Sons ~750pts
HOW TO LIGHT A MONOLITH
Marneus Calgar and Honour Guard nuff said
They came they killed, they slept, now they are back for more...
*shudders*... there's a bit on this list. Mostly Tyranids...
Things that make me cry myself to sleep;
1) Broodlords; via outflanking a single Broodlord is able to trash my Warriors.
2) 2+ Armor Saves make me weep... though once I got Helbrecht to die from a Fearless wound
3) Melee Carnifexes; not only do they have the 2+ armor... but they're hella difficult to wound in general. And crushing claws suck. Let's not forget Implant Attack. :'(
4) Daemons. Just... ow. Mostly Daemonettes and Bloodletters/Bloodcrushers, but I'm more than a little scared of the Flamers, and the Horrors could do some damage from the sheer number of shots
5) Lootas. They make me cry, because they always seem to get at least 2 shots each at me. Even with BS5, 30 S7 AP3 shots is scary.
6) Deff Rollas. They're a little less scary because from what I can tell you get your Death or Glory! BEFORE the S10 attacks. We were under the impression the D6 attacks were made before you even took the Leadership Test. >.<
Things that make me grin;
1) Having a C'tan versus a Carnifex; I tested it out last game with decent results
2) Heavily armored vehicles; while I may not be able to get a penetrating hit, there's a certain joy in being able to systematically immobilize and destroy a Land Raider with BASIC INFANTRY. I've laid waste to my friend's Soul Grinder multiple times with Warrior fire.
3) Lance weapons make me smile. Foolish Eldar, YOUR LASERS ARE NO MATCH FOR MY MONOLITH!
4) The look on my opponent's face when they've decimated a squad only to have 3/4ths of them get back up and lay into them with Gauss fire
5) My friend has an extremely flamboyant Wraithlord. It makes me smile because I find it awesome. Super awesome.
Things that make me cringe
rolling a 12 on the deepstrike scatter with my scarabs to find myself right in the middle of a whole guard tank company.
Another thing that makes me cringe. Being half asleep during the setup, and leaving a whole big ass killing ground in the middle of the map with no cover saves, and playing a generaly footslogging army, where the lord+veil gets popped in round 0.5
Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)
things that make me smile: guardsmen without carapace
things that make me cry: lascannons and plague marines (seriously 15 destroyers throwing hell at a squad just to only kill one is not funny :'( )