Elites Choice... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just wondering what everyone chooses for thier Elits section, seeing that seems to be the most varied section of the Eldar army.... I myself would go with Striking Scorpions.... they seem good enough to survive and kill.... also Wraithguard seem fun... Just post your choice!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I either go with striking scorpians or a small band of swooping hawks.

When I play my wild riders, I sometimes use a small unit of storm guardians in a wave serpent as tank busters.
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Storm Guardians were Troops and Swooping Hawks were fast attack? Anyway.... Scorpions are nice as i said before... I'll have some soon enough.... :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

wraithguard need waveserpents to be of any use.. So you're looking at a lot of points for that squad.. My elite choices are drastically different, but striking scorps are the most rounded of the aspect warriors as they can kill tanks, take shots and go into CC with high strength. They're my tank busters and shock troops usually with banshees to finish off smaller squads or non-cc squads

10 man squad in a wave serpent with haywire grenades is basically as expensive as wraithguard in a serpent, but SS are able to do much more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Ah, I feel the good old Scorpions or Banshees debate comming on, it is only about one in three of the posts on any eldar board, including this one, so why not have it again.

I dont take elites normally for my Saim Hann, I may occasionaly take hawks if I got some spare points.
    For my ulthwe it is Banshees or Scorpions depending on who my opponent is

I am toying with trying out spiders with my Saim Hann, but hey, if you got the points, why not get another vyper?

Drake, Zeb just a little confused, for Siam Hann, you dont need to take any troops, you mandatory choices are FA, but what he said about hawks is true, for Saim Hann, Hawks are elite
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive allways liked spiders, if used corectly, with proper tarain, Spiders can win games .
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
    -Ben Franklin

-Guns don't kill people, bullets do.-

-Support your local game store! Don't buy online or from GW stores.-

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite aspect of all are warp spiders. not onyl are they good on the table top, not only are the models excedingly cool (exarch...omg) but the psychological effect of ahving a squad move 12, ignore terrain shoot the living crap out of you, the move back behind terrain is awesome! so many opponents focus most of there attention on the spiders, (maybe even subconciously). in games above 1000, ia laways take atleast a small squad. and they ahve never failed me.

oh and for the banshees vs scorps. scorps are better imo, but i dont use them cuz they models are trash
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

I like Wraithguards, but for aspect elites i&#39;d say i use banshees mostly. I dont own any scorps but i think they may be better, their great weakness is their lack of speed though. Anyway, WG are cool, fluffy and great looking models, so i like using them as a bullet magnet.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a VERY expensive bullet magnet <_<
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey.... if your opponent shoots them instead of your aspect warriors (giving them time to race forward) i think their worth the points.... and they most likely will survive too.... it may 350pts for 10, but they&#39;ll live thru most basic fire&#33; (With the exception of Pulse Rifles...)....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast