Newbie Orks Player (maybe) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie Orks Player (maybe)

okay so I know that you have all heard this before in one way or another but I am lazy and want a more personalized response so I will ask it myself. I have reacently bought the Invasion of black reach starter set which of course comes with orks. I really like the models but I want to know, what the pro's and con's of an ork force is, what the different army types there are and most importantly what I should get next. I have already bought the book for them and I have read it from front to back but I want some players advice. Thanks in advance for responding

Deumus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Orks are all about da boyz. Boyz make your army work, boyz make your army win. If you take plenty of da boyz you will do just fine.

At first glance Orks look like a close combat horde army, and they are. Load up on boyz, grab a force field Mek, and run up at the enemy until you can get choppin. You can run Orks a ton of different ways if you're so inclined. Ork shooting is underrated by puts out so much firepower that practically nothing can withstand it. Orks can also play very speedy with lots of mounted units or bikes. You can go Nob heavy with a few beefy units of super killy Nobs. You can go clanky with Dreads as Troops and lots of Kanz/Battlewagons.

You can do pretty much anything, so long as its proppa Orky.

What I'd get after AoBR is more boyz, at least 2 boxes worth. After that you can figure out what sort of army you want to run and go from there. Lucky for you almost everything in the Codex is viable (Flash Gitz...) so you really can't go wrong.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

If you're looking to get more Ork boyz, I suggest another AoBR box. You can usually find a SM player in any GW shop willing to go 50/50 with you. Will give the the same as two boxes of boyz and more.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deumus, you can either play horde army or speed freaks. Depending on what you like better, you'll purchase different things.

If you wanna play horde army, get up to at least 80 Boyz. Buy further AOBR boxes and split them (as suggested) until you have 20 Boyz lead by a Nob with a Powerclaw. (The Powerclaw is a must if you seriously wanna do damage; the most important mission for the Boyz is to carry the Nob into close combat.)

If you wanna play speed freaks, load your Boyz and Nobz onto Pikkup Trukz. Make sure to have several (at least three) so if one gets shot you still have enough Greenskins to trouble the enemy. Add Nob Bikerz and oter speedy stuff as desired to those core units.
    "Fear not and look up to the sky for salvation, for we have entered orbit."
    Blood Angels 2nd Grail Guard Company

+ Reply to Thread