Librarium Online Forums banner

Pathfinder Rending

387 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  wht_rbbt 
#1 ·
Do you interpret the pathfinder shooting rules as providing AP1 on to hit rolls of 5 and 6, AND AP2 on to wound rolls of 6 (rending)? This is an inadvertent boost to Pathfinders due to the wording of these rules (as they were for fourth edition, I imagine, intended to work like 'super rending'.) Lucky Eldar snipers!

#2 ·
Well, considering that the rending rule is the default for all sniper weapons and Pathfinders are upgraded snipers, it makes sense that they'd be a cut above regular snipers. Some people have questioned whether the AP2 and AP1 conflict, but it seems pretty straightforward that you roll to hit before you roll to wound and AP 1 always trumps AP 2, so just disregard the AP 2 if you roll a 5 or 6 to hit and then a 6 to wound. Against regular troops, it doesn't make a difference if it's AP 1 or AP 2 anyway. When you're rolling for armor penetration, you just add D3 to your AP roll when you roll a 6 for penetration and then add 1 on the damage table because of the AP 1 (I think it's +1, I don't have the rules in front of me).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.