Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey I am new to this forum but not to gaming
In a weeks time i will be playing a 1500 pts game vs an orks player and i just wanted to see if any of you guys out there would reccomend any tactics or any advice on changing my current army list.
The following is my army:
Necron Lord with Phase Shifter and Resurrection Orb
3 Squads Necron Warriors with 12 in each
1 Squad of Flayed Ones with 10 men in it
1 Squad of Wraiths of 3 men
1 squad of Destroyers of 4
1 squad of Scarab Swarms with 6 bases
1 squad of Tomb Spyders of 2
Just to say i do have a monolith and 4 pariahs but unfortunately i do not have any immortals or heavy destroyers as of yet. I will be buying 1 more destroyes this weekend so thay may be useful to add to my army list
Thanks and hope you can help me!
destroyers rocl against them, at ap4 majority get no save, immortals also, and the c'tan atk the nobs 1st in squads and the s4 orks can't touch ya.
Army » « Necrons » « Tyranids
Thanks, i do have a Nightbringer and also i can get some more destroyers. Do you think that I should get rid of the scarabs as they are neon useless vs orks?
I have been talking to my opponent and from what i can tell he is going to use a shok attack gun so that will be a bit of a pain to be honest. Also I am pretty sure that he will be using bikes and an Ork WarBoss with about 8 power weapon attacks on the charge
If i should use the Nightbringer, what should i take out of my army to gain the points for it?
- I would drop the the tomb spyders, as they won't do alot when facing Orks.
- Definately take as many destroyers as possible, they are exactly what you need against Orks.
- Drop the Phase shifter on the lord, it's not reallly worth it. You might want to try taking Gaze of Flame, as stopping a 30 strong unit of boyz getting charge attacks may help keep a squad alive a turn longer.
- Taking the monolith would cause huge problems for your opponent. I would drop the wraiths (they don't have enough attacks to be great against orks), then take the leftover points from the tombspyders. Drop a few warriors if you're over on points.
And just a few general tips for facing orks
- Don't be scared of low model units of boyz, especially if they haven't charged that turn - 10 slugga boyz will only kill half a necron in combat per turn. 10 Warriors will kill around 2 boyz per turn.
- Do your best to not let them charge, as especially against necrons, they need the extra attacks and bonuses to be combat monsters.
- Use destroyers to eliminate units like Lootas, Kommandos, Battlewagons with big guns, and just generally anything which is high priority - there isn't anything in the ork list they can't get to and shred.
Hope that helps, and good luck
Thanks for that, I am still questioning about using the Nightbringer though. On the one hand it is powerful and not many orks would be able to wound it with their strength of 4 but on the other hand, for its points is it going to kill enough orks?
There is a choice really and i am quite confused.
The Monolith or the Nightbringer?
If any of these then i know i should take out the tomb spyders, maybe even the scarabs for it?
Thanks and hope you can help!
IMO I would take the following:
HQ - Nightbringer - 360pts
Troops: 3x10 Warriors - 540pts
Fast Attack: 2x3 Destroyers - 300pts
Hvy Support: Monolith - 235pts
Hvy Destroyer - 65pts
Total - 1500pts
Basically you want to move your warriors up a little bit while the nightbringer sticks with them since if any boyz assault ur warriors the NB will just blow them away leaving them to the mercy of rapid fire. Destroyers just do what they do and the mono is there to add additional hurt and pull any warriors out of combat. Also i would watch out for grecthin since they giv boys cover saves and we cant have that now can we
Hmm I think that would be a good idea but with orks you really need as much fire power as you can get, eliminating as many as you can before they reach your lines. For me, if I had some Immortals, i would have done a flying circus tactic, with all assult wepons (mostly) and my hight shot count, exterminating the orks for what they are worth.
I may go with the choice of a monolith, but even then he will be using a shokk attack gun so it may just suck it into the warp...
Any more reccomended army lists or tactics please?
Thanks for your help!
From what I know of my opponent, these are along the lines of what he will be using:
These are some of his army, he may have some more things such as buggies and war trucks but I will have to learn the hard way about that.
- Nob squad with Ork warboss in Mega Armour
- Shokk attack gun
- Around or over 60 boyz
- A few bikes
- Killa kan/ Deff Dread
- No gretchins
- Pain boy to give boyz feel no pain rule
Thanks for the help!
I can help you.
Your warriors and destroyers will be key in success take as many as adequately possible. Use all 32 warriors and your 4/5 destroyers. Use them in a good supportive manner with the rest of your force and avoid combat!
Are you sure its mega armour???
Also in advance a Ctan may be of use...Night Bringer preferably.
1) It will atract all his heavy weapons and attention...well hopefully knowing 'tincanners' stupidity.
2) It will be a good speartip for an assualt tactic OR can be used to out flank his more fragile units such as vehicles.
3) It may even come in handy against the boss and nob squad?!!
4) It coould easily massacure lareg boy squads with its gaze of death rule and its high tougness (they can't hurt you!!!!..well the power clawed nob can...he can be dealt with!)
BUT this Ctan is nothing compared with the might of warriors (or sisters in my case) if you use your basic troops to the right effect they can wipe clean any force. Specifically yours because of your guass and rapid fire rules. I will say again use your units to support each other AKA dont more away or 'getting up' will be worse. And it would be tactically inadequate.
The destoyers will be your second most effective unit type. With a good AP and a moving shooting multiple shot weapon (not to mention improved strength) these giant polished beetle will the bane of even the toughest orks ( shoot them ). Nobs will get toasted.
On a final note the shokk attack gun may seem scary but it is unlikely to hit and even more unlikely to do any instant kil 'effect' on your troops. Don't compromise your forces tactics and sustainablity for the sake of one unlikey 'good' weapon; which you move your forces to avoid. Try to ignore it unless a good kill opertunity arrives...
Hope this is of some guidence to you ... Callum.
You may have a grotesquely large cleaver, you may have a guargaunteous fire arm BUT I have the flames of faith.