Shining Spears assaulting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shining Spears assaulting

Hello , i have this problem with my spears.

They inflict such damage in the shooting phase that in the end there is no unit to assault and they are stuck in the middle of the battle getting shot down immediately.

1) Can you tell me about the rule that mentions that you must assault the unit you previously shot at?(any exceptions like if there is no unit left ), or any related rule ...

2) Can you advise me what to do with my spears because i really love them and dont want to remove them from my playlist at all costs.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I don't play Eldar but:

1 ) Pg 33 of the mini rulebook under disallowed assaults.

2 ) Take a couple of smaller units rather than one big one? That way you are less likely to wipe out your chosen enemy with shooting.

Also try positioning your unit in such a way that if you are unable to charge, they can survive the enemy's next turn (use cover etc) Shouldn't be too hard with jetbikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

You don't have to shot at the unit, you could by pass that and only assault, as for the rule of assualting what you shoot, IIRC there is an exception about assaulting what was in a transport you destroyed. other than that your stuck. Best option I can give you is to assault only and use another unit to screen them or tie up the unit that would have shot at them.

I do have a question though how are you killing so much with only 5 guys shooting either TL catapults or 1 high str shot that is ap 4? most of the time my spears shoot just to feel like they did something during that phase, they rarely kill anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly thank you for the replies.
    what you mean is that i can only shoot one of my weapons ? TL catapults or lance ?
    if this is it i might have misunderstood the rules.

what do you do with your spears ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

You can only shoot one of the weapons, if you can change my mind I'd love this as my warlocks would be using the TL catapult and their singing spears also. I generally use my spears as a fast assault unit. Keep them behind cover or other units then spring forward to charge any units that have stepped a bit to close. I always aim for the high save units to make the most out of the power weapon hits. In a mobile army they make a very good counter charge unit because they are fast enough to get to different parts of the board, and hit very hard. our other CC options generally have to be in a transport to get combarable speed and then can not charge out of the just move transports. Lastly I have started trying out a screen of normal jetbikes the spears behind them as a mad dash charge into an enemies firebase. Its fun and scares my friends quite a bit, it is often times shot up to much to land a really good assault with but when it does it really messes up their game plan.

also remember you can do the assault move to get out of some of the return fire if your target is gone after shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was a very nice and complete answer ! thanks man

+ Reply to Thread