Eldar Army advice needed :] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar Army advice needed :]

I play Eldar and Im not new to the game, ive been playing for roughly a year, but im kind of stuck now as to what is it that i should purchase next that will really boast my army up. The following list is NOT my regular army but of what i have right now altogether. Please read it over and tell me what it is that i should get next and some kind of explanation why it is that you feel i should get it. Im open to anything from troops to tanks so bring on the advice (please!)

I have the following:

6 Fire Dragons

5 Dire Avengers

22 Guardians

1 Wave Serpent

1 Warwalker

2 Wraithlords

3 Wraithguards

1 Avatar

2 Farseers

3 Shining Spears

1 Maugan Ra

5 Dark Reapers

1 Autarch

Also if your feeling alittle compassionate it would be nice if yall could try putting together an ideal army list of 1500 pts using both what i have and whatever it is you recommend to me. In the army list keep in mind that i play Necrons Orks and Space Marines ALOT!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks to me like you're lacking in close combat squads. I've always had great luck with Howling Banshees. Sometimes I take Scorpions and Harlequins as well, they've definitely got their uses. I'd also recommend adding some more Dire Avengers since they're a stronger troop choice and with 5th edition rules they'll help out a lot. Hope that helps a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Close Combat

The Striking Scorpions I have read are prettly along with the Banshees but i cant seem to grasp the works of the Harlequins. Is it possible that you could break them down for me a bit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Shouldn't this be in the Eldar forums? Anyway, maybe a sword of Harlequins or similar? Need some CC to back it up.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShimoHyouga View Post
    The Striking Scorpions I have read are prettly along with the Banshees but i cant seem to grasp the works of the Harlequins. Is it possible that you could break them down for me a bit?

The Harlequins require a bit of finesse to get the most out of them. They're an interesting option though. I'd recommend taking the Shadowseer with the troupe as he has the veil of tears power. With that power, anyone targeting the Harlequins has to roll to be able to spot them. This helps the Harlies get across the field. They've also got a decent save and some pretty sweet short range weapons. Their stats are good and they can use the hit and run tactic to great effect as well. Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm that does sound a bit sweet i might look into a whole bit of CC like you guys are saying...but what about tanks
    should i get a Wave Serpent, a Falcon, or a Fire Prism...They all have their own skill that is pretty nice but i want to know what one is best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

For tanks it depends on what you want Fire prisms are great but really should be fielded in groups of two so you can get the bonuses of linked shots when you need them, the serpent is IMO the best overall transport in the game. the falcon has been put on the side line for me, the change to dedicated transports, SMF, and defensive weapons have all hurt it. It will still be the toughest transport we have if you deck it out, and it can have a fair amount of fire power, but I feel the wave serpent is a better investment for a transport and fireprisms are better for a gun platform. I have seen some people use it as a weapon platform/recovery transport, they keep it stable to shoot until they need it to go pick up a unit that has been reduced low enough to get in it.

As for what to get for your list I would say a CC unit is the first thing to pick up I personally like the Howling banshees because I run into so many MEQ with my friends the harlies are extremely good against most targets but they are more expensive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

hi ive been playing eldar for a long time now and i think with what you have this would be an ideal list to combat necrons ,space marines and orcs.

HQ: farseer w/ guide 75p

farseer w/ doom, fortune and spiritstones 130p

Troops: 10 gaurdians w/ shrieken cannon 85p
    10 gaurdians w/ shrieken cannon 85p

10 dire avengers w/ exarch has two avenger catapults and bladestorm 152p

10 dire avengers w/ exarch has two avenger catapults and bladestorm 152p

2 waveserpents have shrieken cannons and spiritstones 220p

Elites: 10 harliquins w/ troupe master and shadowseer all have harliquins kisses and troup master has power weapon 266p

Fast attack: N/A

Heavy support: 5 dark reapers w/ exarck has tempest launcher and crack shot 217p

1 wraithlord w/ wraith sword and missle launcher 120p

Total: 1502p

with the list i gave you will have to buy 15 more dire avengers, 1 waveserpent and 10 harliquins. this is a pretty balenced list that works the best against MEQ armies as orks and IG. please post a reply if you need clarifacation on anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking into the Harlequins. They seem to be a pretty bitching group to play.They have a good bit of attacks with rending and the Veil of Tears is sweet too. I put both my farseers with two psychic attacks so that way i can take out main characters or try to with Mind War

Bakersfield, Los Angeles. School is Los Angeles, Home is Bakersfield
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harlequins can be really fun to use as they look really cool in my opinion, but they're a glass arrow. Damn good if everything goes the way they want, but if too many attacks back and that 5+ even though it's invulnerable doesn't stop too many wounds.

As for mind war, it's good for taking out hidden power fists, plasma, lighting claws, and the like. It can get a little edgey as you put yourself into rapid fire range, but that's what fortune is for!
    ___
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-
    O RLY?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast