Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Well, just glancing idly at the thing called 'results' in the Disorder section... and I noticed that the Tau seemed to be taking a pounding.
We can't have that!
Post your results here, so we can get our bragging rights back
For the Greater Good!
Five battles today - and no losses!
First battle was against Catachans... in a city, no less Oddly enough they seemed to have a Basilisk, a Chimaera and a Leman Russ... while being curiously light on troops. In any case, after a few moments of confusion, we did a take and hold on a *spectacular* new board for the Eye of Terror - which looks oddly like an identical area in several Cadian Sectors Stealth suits and crisis suits turned their flank... and the stealths seemed to take to tank-busting like they were born to it
Second battle was against Word Bearers, who came swarming towards my line, big smoking chunks being blown out of their lines turn after turn. By turn three there was pretty much just the HQ and three stray marines left - but he then proceeded to summon a sextet of Screaming Horrors, which scattered to three inches away from one of my trios of Stealth suits. Much to my amusement they saved all eight wounds from the Horror shooting... so the Horrors charged in, lost combat (1-nil), promptly failed their demonic instability, and phased out again. Needless to say, that pretty much ended the game for the Word bearers.
Third battle I wound up fighting Guard again, in a rematch from the first - with him picking up a trio of Sentinels instead of his dubious Basilisk. Eight turns of house-to-house fighting at point-blank range later, the magic number was rolled at the game finally ended... with Tau coming out two hundred VP ahead.
Fourth battle, O'Forann's Cadre bumped into an Armoured Company - much to their horror. Four Leman Russ and a Basilisk... which turned out to be legal
Thank the Greater Good for EMP grenades... <evil grin> To his loudly expressed surprise - despite the fact that it was a 'if any Tau survive after six turns they win' mission - the Tau charged forwards right across the map. They never did get to use their grenades - after some beautiful Broadside sharp-shooting (a two Leman Russ from the one 'suit) and an incredible array of 'lucky sixes' that took out another two (lucky six rule - roll sixes to hit, then sixes to glance...), the Crisis suits, flipped over a wall, and fired their fusion blasters into the basilisk at 2 inch range...
Fifth and last, the Cadre came up against a certain Guard player, who'd managed to find some British-looking Guard, in red uniforms - I don't remember where they're from - in a Take-and-Hold for a beautifully made pumping station in the centre of the map. A pumping station that became an absolute bloodbath, with heavy casualties on each side. By the end of the battle, the unit 'holding' the station turned out to be a one-suit Broadside unit about twenty inches away, being the only unit over 50% left on the map. I'm faithfully promised another rematch against him...
Now... the only problem is that for some strange reason the site won't let me put any details in.
Oh... and for some reason I seem to have won myself a Defiler. Not *entirely* sure what I'm meant to do with it as I don't play Chaos, but have a few ideas...
. o O (Tau Looted Defiler...)
Well if you have a look at the results on the Eye Of Terror site you will see that Tau are winning in the Tau Sector with Chaos being the worst with about 200 wins, we already have over 700.
So you won a Defiler huh? Cool.
I have played two battles. One loss, One win.
The won was against orks, almost got to me. I got really lucky.
Next I played Iron Warriors, where I got destroyed completely.
Well it sounds like the battles are going well. Lets keep on plugging away at them because our empire sure hasnt expanded much so we need more wins. Ill play more games, got to play more games.
Well, another day, another war...
Today I wound up battling another five players who each wanted to challenge me but didn't have time yesterday...
Is it just me, or is *everyone* clamouring to pull down the Tau?
We seem to have more battles in our sector than there have been in Cadia... :blink:
In any case, here's the chronicle of the day...
1) A certain Catachan player I've come to know rather well came back to take me on, Leman Russ, Griffin, Sentinels and weird british-looking troops in tow... and fell into a teensy little trap I like to call "I brought a different army today".
Having two broadsides, but not bothering to take multi-trackers or team-leadering them meant they didn't make *that* much of a dent, and the armour went down kinda quickly... just as the mass of Guard got into Seeker Missile range, even though they *were* on the other side of the wall. That and the fact that his guard seemed to have forgotten how one goes about passing a leadership test led to a pretty one-sided battle. One Up!
2) Second battle I came up against an Ulthwe Strike Force - with some trepidation, I'll admit. So many people have been telling me about the lethalness of that force that I've done a little research, and come to the conclusion that they're probably right... unless I get a lot of luck.
Getting the first turn in a cleanse mission and managing to obliterate the seer council before the poor souls managed to get fortune up, thus forcing the second half of their army to appear inside their deployment zone... helped a bit. Add to that the fact that they'd kinda weighted that half with their points (other than their seer council), and so their first half went down hard before they actually bothered to show up... and it was still a close match, embarassingly enough. But after the dazzling performance of my stealth suits, it wound up as another victory for the Tau.
3) Third battle I met someone I was quite frankly worried about playing again. Those of you who've read my latest battle report would know him as Fashion Victim, and sure enough he fielded the same army. The difference this time was that I was paranoid enough to immolate the mutant unit able to summon the furies before they did (AP 5 Pulse Rifles are *nice*), and that the Obliterators scattered *his* way, successfully wiped out a Fire Warrior Team... and failed their saves against my two Broadsides. <sighs happily>
4) Fourth battle, O'Forann's Cadre came up against some Blood Angels - eight Death Company and a Chaplain in a rhino being the scariest unit from my perspective. To be honest, if the Rhino hadn't managed to immobilise itself on difficult terrain in the first turn, hadn't then died to a rail gun with a blast radius of six inches and actually killed off three black-armoured marines, the death company not after killing one of my units stand seven inches from my main lines and keep forgetting to move in the movement phase for two turns running... I would have died. As was, I managed to pull off another victory - although I say again, Death Company are *scary* for Tau. :ph34r:
5) Oddly enough in the last battle I wound up staring across the table at... Kroot. After double-taking, things were relatively straight-forward - they tried to Tyrannid me with a swarming horde of basic troops, and they... didn't get to my lines. The Shaper was incredibly hard, managing to cut down four roaming stealth suits on his lonesome before finally going down.
On a positive note, I could actually enter these into the site, where I noticed something particularly worrying.
Not only have we had almost seven hundred more battles than there have been on Cadia... but after all this, it's still a draw! :blink:
Come on, fellow Tau commanders... keep those battles coming
In late breaking news, it's now official!
The Tau are now perhaps a hundred victories ahead, since we have to add the other two together for here... and this is the really neat part
We've managed to add another half a percent to our Empire! Yay!
Okay, that's a rather small amount... but there are one *hell* of a lot of battles going on to grind to a near-draw... (100.5%)
But look at it this way. At the end of:
Day 1: 100.1
Day 2: 100.5
(projected at current rate of acceleration)
Day 3: 102.1
Day 4: 108.5
Okay, so its pushing it... but it *is* possible, if we keep on quadrupling our progress!
For the Greater Good!
GJ everyone! Keep up the good work and our empire will be large then ever.
Boy, that would suck for the Imperium to lose Cadia and have to the Tau Empire expand on them.
By the way, does your openent have to be registered to report the battle? I played some people who havn't registered and didn't even report the battles since I thought you couldn't.
You can report the battles but you need their email address and they dont have to be registered.
Our Empire stands at 101.1%! Yea!