Ulthwe Craftworld - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Hi I've thinking about starting an eldar army and I've chosen to do either Ulthwe or Biel - Tain (spel?). So I was wondering if anybody could help me decide which to do. I like Biel - Tain because:

Aspect Warriors - an army of them how cool

but this means the army will be small and expensive (pts and £)

And I like Ulthwe because:

the seer council - Looks cool and who wouldn't want a unit like that?

Not many aspect warriors allowed (except Dark Reapers )

Any help would be welcome

thanks for your time

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the ulthwe army would be easier to paint.. black guardians. but would be taken apart by a daemon hunters amry sadly enough DH's kill ultwe armies the best. Bael tan is harder to paint but looks much better on a table. cheap to collect all the expensive units.. personaly id go bael tan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biel-Tan Eldar look great, and yea, all those Aspects can be pretty good in the field. But if you look at the style of the majority of the Aspects, they are suited to HtH, and unfortunatly most of them only have a tougness of 3 and a 4+ save, but thankfully Eldar have excellent wargear. So this problem is easy to solve with some creative grouping of units and wargear (thanks to the Independant Character rules).

As for Ulthwe, Warlocks and Farseers have the potential be some of the best units you can use in a Eldar force. Put a Warlock in with a squad of Guardians, give him Conceal and a Singing Spear, and you have yourself a half decent HtH unit (or a good cannonfodder unit ) that gets a unmodified 5+ cover save and a Warlock that has Str 9 and allways wounds on a 2+.
    The drawback with Farseers and Warlocks is the leadership test they have to take at every attempt at using psychic powers and they only get 1 attack.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I agree the warlocks etc for Ulthwe are good, I really like the psychic powers. Also the idea of having every power in one unit sounds cool.

But I also like the Black Guardians (+1 BS), I see that eldar armies would have lots of guardians. Also the fact that the Ulthwe army can be used in about 3 different ways (ie Codex Eldar- use all units, Codex Craftworlds- seer council, 1 aspect warriors , except dark reapers, and Codex EOTT- No big vehicles, and can use use Maugan-Ra without permission )

But I do like the fact that you can have just an aspect warrior army (Biel-Tan), also that Kings court (?) (that thing with the avatar and the aspect warrior exarchs).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to play an Ulthwe army, and it was pretty good, but it had its weak points (like all eldar armies). The Ulthwe were great because of the Black Guardians, your mandatory troop choice whether they were defenders or storm got either +1 bs or +1 ws, so you could make it a fast army w/ good attack troops and a few aspects, btw you can only take 1 aspect squad per guardian unit you take, I used a lot of guardians, so I had dark reapers and banshees, or scorpions depending on which army I was playing against. My seer council was extremely decked out, and was feared by many ppl, mind war kicked @$$, and there was a warlock in every squad. It's definately an army you need to use lots of tactics w/ but it is definately fun.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking off expanding my army up to 3000pts and actually having it as two armys. An Ulthwe force and an Ulthwe Strike force, I would probably need permission to field it against most people but it could be a very strong army.
    A Seer Coucil and a Spear of Khaine.

Closed Thread