2000 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 point list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point list

Okay so ive been playin eldar for a solid year or so now, and i originally had a slow (compared to most eldar armies) but tough list. now i figured id switch it up a little and heres the list ive drawn up and am intending to use.

HQ
    Autarch w/ Power Weapon, Fusion Gun, and Mandiblasters - 100
    Autarch w/ Power Weapon, Fusion Gun, and Mandiblasters - 100

Troops
    10 Guardians w/ Shuriken Cannon - 85
    10 Dire Avengers - Exarch w/ Bladestorm, Defend, Dual Churiken Catapults - 167
    10 Dire Avengers - Exarch w/ Bladestorm, Defend, Dual Churiken Catapults - 167
    Wave Serpent w/ Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stones - 110
    Wave Serpent w/ Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stones - 110

Elites
    10 Striking Scorpions - Exarch w/ Shadowstrike, Stalker, Scorpions Claw - 212
    10 Striking Scorpions - Exarch w/ Shadowstrike, Stalker, Scorpions Claw - 212

Fast Attack
    10 Warp Spiders - Exarch w/ Dual Death Spinners, Powerblades, Suprise Assult, Withdraw

Heavy Support
    5 Dark Reapers - Exarch w/ Tempest Launcher and Crack Shot - 217

Total - 1997
    So thats 97 Models and 2 tanks with a whopping 3 points to spare.
    The general plan for this army is for the Autarchs to group up with the DAs and fly in the Wave Serpents and smash into one of their flanks, doin some damage and dividing the enemies forces. On the other flank, i will march up with my guardians and dominate with their ungodly power. my Dark reapers will pick a spot front and center and give much needed support to my troops. the scorps and spiders will most likeley go into reserves and bust out on turn 2 on a 2+. yeah, a 2+. due to the 2 autarchs i have, i get +2 to all of my reserve rolls. the scorps and spiders will then come out wherever needed and break the now weakened firing line, hopefully securing me a nice little victory. And if im doing cap and hold, ill pile my guardians into my objective, and them and the dark reapers will pour a whole lot of fire into any approaching enemies. my DA's, scorps, and spiders will go to the other side of the field and take the enemies objective. And if your wondering why my autarchs have fusion guns, its for a little anti-tank, as i can remove them from the DA's at the beggining of the turn to fire at a pesky gun platform.

So, if anyone has any advise, concerns, strategies, or changes they wanna tell me about please do so. You can never have too many second opinions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's an interesting list. Looks like you've opted for sheer mass of numbers instead of variety which is unexpected for an Eldar army, and might work in your favor. Maybe you can catch people off guard. I wasn't sure how you would make it work looking at the list, but I think your idea about using reserves is a good one as well. Once the opponent responds to your Guardians and Avenger attacks you'll be able to dump a whole bunch of Scorpions and Spiders on top of them.

I can see anti-tank being a problem though, especially at a 2000 point limit. If you're facing a mechanized Space Marine army or an Imperial Guard army they could potentially field a lot of armor for 2000 pts. Two Fusion guns only go so far, especially if you get them both committed on the same flank with your Avenger squads. I don't know how effective Bright Lances will be with Guardian defenders, you're probably better off keeping all the Shuriken Cannons. Possibly drop a couple Spiders and a Reaper to upgrade your Serpents with Bright Lances or Missile Launchers or take a Missile Launcher with your Reaper Exarch instead of the Tempest and give him Fast Shot to get an extra shot?

You might want to consider using the Biting Blade instead of the Claw with your Scorpions so you can take advantage of their high initiative. I find the strength total ends up being similar, and you get to potentially remove more enemy models without them striking back. Maybe give it a try and see how it works for you.

Also, I would consider using the Shimmershield with your Avengers instead of the dual catapults if you're planning to assault, which I would think you are given the Wave Serpents. If you Bladestorm, you won't be able to shoot the next round anyway so losing 2 extra shots to give the whole squad a 5+ save in CC seems like a good trade-off to me.

I've never tried using a solid core of guardians with a "march them forward into the enemy" attack, I'd be curious to see how this works out for you. If your supporting units all do their job I can see you winning more than you lose with this strategy as long as people don't know all the reserves are coming and over commit to your first wave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you use to kill a tank with armor 13 or higher?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Interesting list. If you want to keep the same theme though, I'd recommend the following adjustments:

1) Give the wave serpents both Bright lances (+ 70 points)
    You don't have anything to take out a land raider or monolith. Your 2 fusion guns won't cut it against a land raider cruisader which can take out almost your entire DA squad in 1 turn in close range.
    2) Take scatter lasers is your guardian squads instead of shuriken cannons (+ 40 points)
    For 15 extra points each, these will probably save your guardians bacon. If you fire the shuriken cannon at 24" range, any enemy with a bolter will be able to shoot back next turn with you getting no armor save. At 36" range the guardians will be able to down enemies without as much fear for retribution.
    3) Give your DA exarchs PW/SS. (+ 20 points)
    With a 5+ invul save in cc and 2 power weapon wielding charecters each of your DA squads will be very solid in cc, and be a big threat shooting wise.

The total is 130 points. These can be taken from anywhere really, you could cut down each of your scorpion squads to 8 man squads and cut down your warp spider squad to 7, this would give you exactly 130 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprise Assault is useless on Spiders since all jump infantry can Deepstrike by default in 5th Edition.

+ Reply to Thread