Pre-Fall Eldar? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pre-Fall Eldar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre-Fall Eldar?

I was doing some thinking about the Eldar before the fall. My fluff is admittedly a bit rusty, but we know the Dark Eldar are all thats left of the original Eldar "Empire" created to fight the Necrontyr. Wouldnt this entail the original Eldar having some massively powerful weapons and vehicles? Some more powerful than what the excommunicated hippy Craftworld Eldar use in battle or the paper thin Raiders and Ravagers?

It just seems like the Dark Eldar might have some pre-fall war toys hanging out back at home in Commoragh that they took with them when I Eye of Terror was formed, some nasty giant war skimmers or Talos Titan sort of thing? What do you guys think?

For the sins of the past.
    For the sins of our fathers.
    For the sins of ourselves.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

I am not so sure about this.

The Old Ones who created the Eldar used time/space and the warp gates as their greatest weapon and if my old memory serves me well enough they used a virus to stall the C’tan and the Necrontyr for a while.

Hence why they are in stasis for most of the time.

Imagine if you will, having the power to be anywhere at any time at will.
    Great weapons would not be needed, just open a rift in material space with a portal and suck your foe to its doom. Transport a dying star onto the enemy’s planet, slow time by traveling an obscure route in the web; foresee the future in the runes ……I think that you get the picture here.
    With Eldar, it’s all about subtlies and not the biggest gun.

And this was possible when the webway was fully intact but sadly not now.

In game terms I like your thinking, bigger badder toys for the boys would be great, but seriously do you think that a fleeing race would have been able to stockpile massive machines of war inside a tunnel of limited space? Not likely I am afraid.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

I too do not think they were really considering the catastrophe as well. I believe they knew as a whole that their society was going into a particular direction but only a handful really did something about it, the craftworlders. They simply made a floating city and took off and as their farseers predicted the rest of the old Eldar society was almost destroyed, except for the survivors that are now called the Dark Eldar. The Dark Eldar or should we say the True Kin didn't believe the crazy wayward craftworlders about predictions of destruction.

So no, I do not think the True Kin (the survivors of the billions of Eldar who died) had any real stock piles of equipment for just emergencies. It sounded very chaotic and the survivors seem to have been rather random. Just like you and I sitting in our living room or bedroom writing this post have any real stockpiles of war machines in case a god came to life. I know I am being rather silly but I think the True Kin were totally unaware that anything could have happened to them as a whole society/race.

Of course, that is based on the story in the white dwarf issue called, "A Torturer's Tale" and it is believed that the Torterer was actually Asdrubael Vect. Now, the story is missing from the GW website and I believe that the Dark Eldar story is being "re-written" as we speak. Soon, a new story will emerge along with the codex with all the details of how the DE were created. I say this based on some of the changes in the Dark Elf codex for fantasy.

Who knows, you may be right when the new codex comes out.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope that they're not gonna turn us into slaaneshi chaos eldar like the rumours I keep hearing say. That would be rubbish
    Nurse by day, Haemonculus by night

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Also consider that there were originally 4 types of Eldar (from 3rd Ed.) –
    1. Harlequin,
    2. Savage,
    3. Craftworld,
    4. Pirate.

Add to this the Exodites (they could well be the Savage here though) and you can see that there could have been quite a few factions other than
    ‘stay at home original Eldar’ that ran from the world of excess that consumed their ‘normal’ existanse.

And all of these races showed preference for personilsed weaponry, preferring to ‘feel’ to the pain/pleasure instead of going remote with planet killer guns.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x1)

Wicky: You're forgetting the Croneworlders - the guys who didn't get away from the Crone Worlds and didn't die, but still live there. Probably not a happy life.
    No.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhankh View Post
    Wicky: You're forgetting the Croneworlders - the guys who didn't get away from the Crone Worlds and didn't die, but still live there. Probably not a happy life.
    Quite right, but do these guys have any Codex or Rule book mention or do they just exist in the minds of Black Library publishers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    Quite right, but do these guys have any Codex or Rule book mention or do they just exist in the minds of Black Library publishers?
    Well, I got it from somewhere, and I'd assume it was the Eldar Codex. On the other hand, I've never seen any references to any "savage" Eldar, beyond the Craftworlder Outcasts, Dark Eldar and Exodites.
    No.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhankh View Post
    Well, I got it from somewhere, and I'd assume it was the Eldar Codex. On the other hand, I've never seen any references to any "savage" Eldar, beyond the Craftworlder Outcasts, Dark Eldar and Exodites.
    Hi,
    As I said before, they are mentioned backed in 3rd Ed, along with a lot of other weird races that never saw light of day.

I guess its just GW's way of keeping their options open.

Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread