Crisis Commander - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you guys like him with 2 bodyguards or like to make him an independent character?
    with each choice please tell me why...

Tau'Va
    "Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost."
    -O'Shovah

<span style='color:red'>Image Removed</span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really depends on the size of the game and who I&#39;m playing but almost always I go independent because usually I still have elite slots to spare.....
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz...link.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always field Independant, but recently I&#39;ve been thinking of making him a bodyguard... the reason for this was the way they would be equipped.... imagine, the commander with Plasma Rifle, Missle pod, Shield generator, hard wired Multi-tracker and Drone controller with two Shield drones.... WITH two bodyguards with Plasma rifles, Missle Pods, Shield generators, and hard wired Multi-Trackers... you get five different chances for a 4+ inv save.... AND you have the plasma rifles and missle pods firing each turn... WOW&#33; I would love that.... I&#39;ll pick up the body guard soon and let you guys know how it fairs game wise....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Regardless of the points value of the game, if I can afford it I always take a Shas&#39;o + 2 Bodyguard instead of using Elite slots for Crisis suits.

While it may cost more than Elite suits I&#39;m basically purchasing a higher BS, wounds and hard points for weapons and Hard Wired gear.

In other words, with an Elite Crisis Team I can only have 1 Shas&#39;vre with its better stat line. Whereas as bodyguards they both are Shas&#39;vre. I load up the Shas&#39;vre with a Missile Pod, TL Plasma Rifle and HW Multitracker so I can fire both weapons each turn. Together with the mobility and supporting them with protecting units they can cause a lot of havoc without really putting themselves into harms way.

I use my Elite slots for 2 full Stealth teams.

Enjoy.
    Jon
    [COLOR=DarkRedI got my tournament t-shirts at mathhammer.net[/COLOR]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t really use Stealth suits, they always seem to get shot down first in my games.... the fact that they have one wound a piece doesn&#39;t go good when your facing ten Reaper Launchers.... The sight range doesn&#39;t matter&#33; My opponent ALWAYS rolls just enough.... I&#39;ll go with the body guard and commander over stealth anyday&#33;&#33; :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stealth can be really good, in the new rules they will be nice(moving 12" and all) but i would not use 2 full squads maybe one full or like 4-5 of them, against nids and orks they will be quite nice in the new rules

errrr can&#39;t wait for them to come out :lol:
    Tau'Va
    &quot;Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.&quot;
    -O'Shovah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

I&#39;m basically purchasing a higher BS
    Shas&#39;vre have BS3 the same as the Crisis Suits from Elites. Shas&#39;o and Shas&#39;el are the only Tau infantry with a higher BS than 3. In fact only them and Vehicles have a higher BS than 3. (and Vehicles have to buy a Targeting Array before they get any better BS, with the exception of the Hammerhead, which gets it free. )
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

sryker, all suits get that bonus, not just stealthsuit&#39;s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know, but drake was saying that he doesnt really use them and im saying they will be good...
    Tau'Va
    &quot;Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost.&quot;
    -O'Shovah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... I&#39;ll keep the stealth in mind.... Maybe I&#39;ll go with them awhile later...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast