So, I'm wondering, bikes or battlewagon? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I'm wondering, bikes or battlewagon?

Basically, I'm either wanting to run my warboss one of two ways. One, on foot with 5 nobz (one of which is a painboy), loaded in a battlewagon with deff rolla.

Two, put him and the nobz on bikes.

He has cybork body, power klaw, an attack squig, and the nobz have painboy, 2 klaws, bosspole, banner, and cybork bodies. Been trying it out in vassal before I start buying models, since I'm normally a Guard player. I'm not using trukks, but instead using 30-ork mobs, a squad of kans, and some lootas and big guns. So I'm worried that on bike they'd be left hanging for a bit, while in the battlewagon they'd be more protected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Both offer plenty of speed, but Bikes end up faster and dish out more firepower. A single BW is a priority target, if you had a couple more (2-3 total) you would be better off.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

Both setups have merit. If you're only going to use 5 nobz in the unit, I'd go with the bikes. Normal nobz really need to be in units of 7-8, or they won't be as effective. I'd also give regular nobz a combi-scorcha for every powerklaw in the unit. Biker nobz already have good enough shooting, but regular nobz get a big boost from the template attacks when fighting horde. Also, you should give each unit some stikkbombs.

For battlewagons, I usually use 4 meganobz with 2 combi-scorchas, and a warboss in mega armor with cybork, attached. They're cheaper, and won't suffer as much if the battlewagon explodes. Of course, they'll get eaten alive by power weapons, so you have to be careful with them.

Still, biker nobz versus battlewagon nobz (either normal or mega) can be a tough choice. I think it comes down to the question: do you want your opponent shooting at them or not?

If you want to keep the nobz alive, you're better putting them on bikes and supercharging them every turn they aren't in close combat. If you want them to be a target as you move the rest of your army up the field, the battlewagon will draw a lot of fire.

It all depends on what you want out of the unit, but if you do go with the battlewagon, I'd definitely add the combi-scorchas, another 2-3 nobz, and stikkbombs.

In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread