kill points trucks battle wagons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    -13 (x0)

kill points trucks battle wagons

OK i like trucks but many people don't seem to use them because of the easy kill points they offer to the opponent.

in my opinion getting your guys across the board super fast without getting shot to pieces is more of a concern than a potential kill point.

BTW for some reason my trucks rarely get shot at. and i have played at the gt, and a host of other places with different types of players.

but for novelty i recently added a battle wagon to transport my 7nobs. I tried to use a deffroller but i didn't like how it worked against meq. now I'm going to load it with 4 big shoota's and a kannon. does anyone have any experience with this sort of battle wagon.

the 1st turn i plan to shoot it up 12 & dump the nobs then it will remain stationary as a fire base.

2. Remove Advertisements

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Trukks certainly aren't bad, but I wouldn't load a list with them, as each trukk gives your opponent a kill point. 3-4 aren't bad, but I wouldn't use more than that. I also like using a battlewagon in the list, to draw fire away from the trukks, and give them cover.

I wouldn't put a killkannon on the wagon though, as they don't get to fire if you move more than 6 inches, and since it's a transport, you want to move 12 inches every turn. I'd just give the battlewagon a single gun (big shoota, rokkit or lobba), grot riggers (great upgrade), and a deffrolla. If the wagon doesn't have a rolla, than give it a ram. The last thing you want to do is get stuck on terrain, but you don't want to have to avoid terrain either. A ram or deffrolla keeps this from happening.

In battlewagons, I like transporting Mega nobz, because if the wagon blows up, they're unlikely to take any wounds, although normal nobz work fine too. Just don't use normal boyz, they're too fragile.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

Rochester, NY
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

Shooty wagons seem like a waste of their transport capacity. You'll only be shooting 2 weapons at most (main weapon and frag kannon) and only moving 6". I've used Kill Kannon BWs holding a small unit of Boyz to hold objectives, but for transport keep the shooty bits minimal to avoid getting immobilized after running out of weapons.

Trukks are great for transporting units quickly, I wouldn't worry about the KPs. If you get up into combat, you'll do a lot more than 1 KP's worth of damage.
    Check out ==My== blog:

+ Reply to Thread