The good, the bad, and the ugly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good, the bad, and the ugly

similar to other threads for other armies. post good and bad times

when life gives you lemons.........LEMONS FOR THE LEMON GOD!!
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Good: When my Mad Doc Grotsnik routed a group of 23 Necron Warriors by himself, then they ran into some Stormboyz, killing all the necrons instantly.

The Bad: When my Trukk's Wreckin' Ball got a penetrating hit on a Land Raider Crusader, but only stunned it.

The Ugly: When my friend's Assault Marines got wiped out by Genestealers, even though they assaulted.

Green Tide: 4000pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Good: My Warphead pulls through with an extra attack exactly when I need it, giving my powerklaw nob enough attacks to kill a carnifex in one turn.

The Bad: A unit of flash gitz rolls ap2 and five hits on a genestealer mob, only to completely fail to wound.

The Ugly: My shiny new unit of burna boyz couldn't resist the urge to jump out of the trukk they were riding and toast some gaunts, leaving them open to be melted into a pile of bile by two deathspitters and a barbed strangler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Good: Rolling upwards of 60 dice!

The Bad: Counting the dice beforehand and counting the hits/wounds afterwords.

The Ugly: My army - painting a horde takes a LOT of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good: Watching jaws drop when my Shokk Attack Gun destroys any entire squad of deathwing termies with a s3 ap2 blast.

The bad: Watching a Dark Eldar lord make all his shadowfield saves vs. 100+ attacks.

The ugly: Having kommandos come in and failing to make it into combat or even to shoot due to a run roll of 1 and then get wiped to a man, doing nothing.
    I'm trying to catalog every song with a reference to yetis or Sasquatch. Please help.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

The Good, the Great, and the Greater!

The Good: Having to claim 6 objectives with only two troop choices, and instead annihilating my Space Marine foe on turn four.

The Great: Driving my opponent mad by playing Waaagh! Never Ending Kill Party's theme song over. And over. And over.
    YouTube - Marching Off To Bedlam - Napoleon XIV
    Edited to continually loop "Ring ding ding, Rum bum bum, Riki tiki daba daba dum bum bum" and loaded into an MP3 player mounted on a Trukk.

The Greater: Outright slaying 610 points worth of Space Marines with a single round of shooting from 230 points of Shoota Boyz. Better still, only twenty Orks were in range.

Even More: Politely apologizing before explaining that you've forgotten your bucket, then asking if the opponent has anything suitable. Then throwing four cubes of dice into it.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    The Great: Driving my opponent mad by playing Waaagh! Never Ending Kill Party's theme song over. And over. And over.
    YouTube - Marching Off To Bedlam - Napoleon XIV
    Edited to continually loop "Ring ding ding, Rum bum bum, Riki tiki daba daba dum bum bum" and loaded into an MP3 player mounted on a Trukk.
    LOL, that's awesome

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Eli Wallach is the man!

The Good: Coming in first place at a tournament for the first time, thanks to my Lootas defeating a unit of drones in close combat during the 5th turn, and then shooting a crisis suit to death in the 6th, giving me the kill points I needed win the game.

The Bad: Losing the first match of a different tournament, despite defeating my inexperienced marine opponent in every single close combat of the game. No matter how many shots I fired at his two rhinos, I couldn't even immobilize them. On the last turn he rolled them over two of the objectives I was claiming. I failed both death or glories, he contested them both, and that left him as the only player claiming any objectives, winning him the game.

The Ugly: Learning the new 5th edition assault rules (regarding assaulting through cover) the hard way, during a match with AKM. He can give you the rest of the details. ^_^ My kingdom for a stikkbomb chukka...
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

The Ugly: Learning the new 5th edition assault rules (regarding assaulting through cover) the hard way, during a match with AKM. He can give you the rest of the details. ^_^ My kingdom for a stikkbomb chukka...
    Sorry I traumatized you...

The good: 30 boyz on the charge = 120 dice. Priceless. Also, outgunning a Marine or Tau player is always fun.

The bad: when my PK nobz don't kill anything

The ugly: when I charged a 10-strong squad of chaos marines with 20 orks, killed 2, and then lost 13 orks, and promptly failed my lD test, losing the whole unit.
    "Politics is the womb in which war develops"
    Clausewitz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    Sorry I traumatized you...
    It's okay, I'm tough.

You did find out my shameful secret though, which is probably worse than that 'ugly' encounter:

new 'ugly': Me coming one inch short in the assault phase for the hundredth time. No matter how many games I play, I still can't judge distances to save my life.

EDIT: Eli Wallach is still the man.
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; December 19th, 2008 at 16:16. Reason: forgot one thing
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread