Waaagh! Never Ending (Kill) Party (Battle Report) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

Waaagh! Never Ending (Kill) Party (Battle Report)

I've just played two games versus my friend's Dread Wolves, and Waaagh! Never Ending Party got an upgrade. After crushing him for the third consecutive game, I attempted to say "Waaagh! Never Ending Party's kill tally is now three!" but it instead came out "Waaagh! Never Ending Kill Party... huh... SWEET!"

I just want to express my profound joy at my Orks performance. The second battle we played was a 2,500 point Annihilation, Dawn of War, and after only securing a single kill point by turn 4 (while I had 9!!) he simply conceded. In this battle, I killed ten Vanguard and a Chaplain in a single round of fire from one Shoota Boyz mob, only rolled a single scatter between three looted wagons and two shokk attack guns (the rest were all direct hits!), and managed to flank my Deff Koptas directly behind his deployment zone / fire base.

Do bare in mind that I am still in the process of proxy-play testing different army lists before I make too many more purchases.

The Armies:
    Waaagh! Never Ending Kill Party!
    HQ| 2x Big Mek w/ Shokk Attack Gun
    Elites| 3x 15 Lootas w/ 2 Meks
    Troops| 2x 30 Shootas w/ PK Nob and 3 Big Shootas
    Fast Attack| 3x 5 Deff Koptas w/ 1 PK and 5 TL KMB's
    Heavy Support| 3x Looted Wagon w/ Boom Gun, 'Ard Case, and Armour Plates.
    (Note, I'm not looking for feedback on this list

Dread Wolves
    HQ| 2x Chaplains w/ Jump Packs
    Elites| 2x Dreadnoughts w/ Multimeltas
    Troops| 3x Tactical squads w/ Rockets, Flamers, and 3 Rhinos, split into Combat Squads
    Fast Attack| 2x 10 Vanguards w/ Jump Packs, Lightning Claws, and Storm Shields
    3 Scout Bikers w/ Beacon
    Heavy Support| Thunderfire Cannon

The Set Up:
    NEKP I deployed my two squads on Shootas along the middle edge, spread out to create a 6' long screen for the rest of my army, and placed one big mek on the third story of a ruined building. I held my three Deff Koptas in reserves to outflank my opponent.

DW My friend deployed in the opposite corner as my Big Mek, setting up a Rhino Wall, holding his flamer combat squads, and deployed his missile combat squads in a ruined building. He held his two Vanguard squads with attached Chaplains in reserves, and set his Scout Bikes to outflank me.

The Game
    Turn 1:
    NEKP I distributed three sections of Lootas and Wagons across the battle field, keeping the Meks in the rear of each squad, and parked the front armour of the Wagons up against the Meks. My other Big Mek ran from the table edge and climbed up to the first story of a ruined building opposite the side of the battle field as my first Big Mek. I was now secured, my Looted Wagons couldn't go flying off out of their strategic positioning, and my Big Meks had a great view of the battle field.

The Shoota Boyz unload their Big Shootas into a Rhino, and manage two glancing hits- armament destroyed and immobilized.

DW My friend deploys his remaining two combat squads and Rhino to finish off his Rhino wall, and sets his Dreadnoughts into a defensive position. His Thunderfire Cannon is hidden away behind the Rhino wall. His two rocket attacks fail to wound any of my thoroughly spread out Shoota Boyz.

Turn 2
    NEKP I roll for reserves and get two Deff Kopta squadrons, both of which flank the opposite edge as the Wolves are deployed. This suited me fine as I used one squadron to protect my flank from his Scout Bikes, and turbo boosted the other squadron for the sexy 3+ saves. I fire both SAGs, one with only the front armour of a Rhino in range, the other covering a rocket squad in the ruined building. The SAG targeting the Rhino proceeds to roll direct hits for the rest of the game, managing to stun the Rhino for this round and kill 4/5 of the rocket squad hidden behind it. It does nothing for the remainder of the game. The second SAG scatters over his Thunderfire Cannon and destroys it before it has the chance to do anything. My Looted Wagons roll direct hits and kill half a combat squad each, while the Lootas wreck a Rhino.

... that was the most action in the battle, so I'll skip forward to the next most interesting thing (plus I am dead tired)

On turn three the Wolves receive a single Vanguard squad from reserves, and deep strike them behind my lines. They assault and annihilate a Loota mob with three wounds per model, but are now left sitting in the center of my army. In one turn, 200 points of Shoota Boyz slay 610 points worth of Vanguard Veterans, surprisingly, with three wounds per model. The irony

The next turn I win my final four kill points and he conceded a victory before his turn began.

I keep trying to tell him not to spend so many bloody points on his Vanguards, but they really are quite impressive. 30 power weapon attacks on the charge with re-rollable to hit and to wound rolls. They're so decorated too, so much so that I completely forgot to move my Deff Koptas for that turn. Still though, his tactics were viable, but he was completely not expecting the list I played. Of the three games he's seen my play (two versus him) he's only witnessed me use a horde army of Slugga Boyz. He had little idea what was in store for him when I decided to play my Orks like Guardsmen.

One things for sure, I've definitely got to grab up some shooty Orks now!

I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    The Game
    Turn 1:
    NEKP I distributed three sections of Lootas and Wagons across the battle field, keeping the Meks in the rear of each squad, and parked the front armour of the Wagons up against the Meks. My other Big Mek ran from the table edge and climbed up to the first story of a ruined building opposite the side of the battle field as my first Big Mek. I was now secured, my Looted Wagons couldn't go flying off out of their strategic positioning, and my Big Meks had a great view of the battle field.

The Shoota Boyz unload their Big Shootas into a Rhino, and manage two glancing hits- armament destroyed and immobilized.

DW My friend deploys his remaining two combat squads and Rhino to finish off his Rhino wall, and sets his Dreadnoughts into a defensive position. His Thunderfire Cannon is hidden away behind the Rhino wall. His two rocket attacks fail to wound any of my thoroughly spread out Shoota Boyz.

Turn 2
    NEKP I roll for reserves and get two Deff Kopta squadrons, both of which flank the opposite edge as the Wolves are deployed. This suited me fine as I used one squadron to protect my flank from his Scout Bikes, and turbo boosted the other squadron for the sexy 3+ saves. I fire both SAGs, one with only the front armour of a Rhino in range, the other covering a rocket squad in the ruined building. The SAG targeting the Rhino proceeds to roll direct hits for the rest of the game, managing to stun the Rhino for this round and kill 4/5 of the rocket squad hidden behind it. It does nothing for the remainder of the game. The second SAG scatters over his Thunderfire Cannon and destroys it before it has the chance to do anything. My Looted Wagons roll direct hits and kill half a combat squad each, while the Lootas wreck a Rhino.

... that was the most action in the battle, so I'll skip forward to the next most interesting thing (plus I am dead tired)

On turn three the Wolves receive a single Vanguard squad from reserves, and deep strike them behind my lines. They assault and annihilate a Loota mob with three wounds per model, but are now left sitting in the center of my army. In one turn, 200 points of Shoota Boyz slay 610 points worth of Vanguard Veterans, surprisingly, with three wounds per model. The irony

The next turn I win my final four kill points and he conceded a victory before his turn began.

I keep trying to tell him not to spend so many bloody points on his Vanguards, but they really are quite impressive. 30 power weapon attacks on the charge with re-rollable to hit and to wound rolls. They're so decorated too, so much so that I completely forgot to move my Deff Koptas for that turn. Still though, his tactics were viable, but he was completely not expecting the list I played. Of the three games he's seen my play (two versus him) he's only witnessed me use a horde army of Slugga Boyz. He had little idea what was in store for him when I decided to play my Orks like Guardsmen.

One things for sure, I've definitely got to grab up some shooty Orks now!
    Sounds like LOADS of Fun, BossGore!

I had a few questions about your tactics here.

1. First, this might be difficult to explain in text...but exactly how does Outflanking work as a tactic...and where is the rule on having "reserve" units that you can bring in later??

2. What are SAG's? (edit...My bad, I thought they were on the DeffKoptas and I couldn't recall any weapon that had that abbreviation). So instead...I'll ask, how are "Kill points" calculated?

3. So the Vanguards have 3 wounds each? What is the 30 power Weapon they have?? It seems like something with 30 power is a bit overboard..the highest thing I know is a 10 power weapon like PowerKlaw...TYPO?

4. Do you think he would've done better with more Flamers?

5. What do you mean "grab up some more shooty Orks" ? Don't you have enough already? LOL. But honesty..what would you like to add to this to make it more Shooty??

6. Lastly, I just wanted to know how you deal with some of Orks bigger threats. I've only played 2 games so far, once against Space Marines and once against Necrons. So far the biggest threats I can think of are flaming/template weapons.

Anyways, I think I'll actually post a battle report of my own, at least from what I can recall from my first 2 games. I know I made some bad choices because I'm still learning, but despite all that I had a lot of fun. I'm really digging Orks and this game in general a lot more than I thought I would!
    Last edited by Darkzephyr; December 18th, 2008 at 04:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is alot of dakka.nice write up
    when life gives you lemons.........LEMONS FOR THE LEMON GOD!!
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkzephyr View Post
    Sounds like LOADS of Fun, BossGore!

I had a few questions about your tactics here.

1. First, this might be difficult to explain in text...but exactly how does Outflanking work as a tactic...and where is the rule on having "reserve" units that you can bring in later??

2. What are SAG's?

3. So the Vanguards have 3 wounds each? What is the 30 power Weapon they have?? It seems like something with 30 power is a bit overboard..the highest thing I know is a 10 power weapon like PowerKlaw.

5. Lastly, I just wanted to know how you deal with some of Orks bigger threats. I've only played 2 games so far, once against Space Marines and once against Necrons. So far the biggest threats I can think of are flaming/template weapons.

Anyways, I think I'll actually post a battle report of my own, at least from what I can recall from my first 2 games. I know I made some bad choices because I'm still learning, but despite all that I had a lot of fun. I'm really digging Orks and this game in general a lot more than I thought I would!
    I know it wasnt my post to being with, but maybe I can shed some light on your questions.

SAG = Shokk Attack Gun (pretty nifty lil gun)
    10 Str Power Weapons are as high as they can go.
    Vanguards have 2 wounds each i believe.
    Flamers = bad for Orks.
    Flaming/Template weapons are our worst nightmare (well.. one of our worst). The best way to deal with template weapons is to spread out. I -really- take advantage of the 2" coheirency rule. Typically after I'm done moving all of my Orks (at least 100 on foot) people like to check some of my measurements because I am THAT close to the 2".
    Eldar Project Log
    Saim-Hann Eldar: 5000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do bare in mind that I am still in the process of proxy-play testing different army lists before I make too many more purchases.
    Great idea! I would recommend trying out some killa kans as well.

The Armies:
    Waaagh! Never Ending Kill Party!
    HQ| 2x Big Mek w/ Shokk Attack Gun
    Elites| 3x 15 Lootas w/ 2 Meks
    Troops| 2x 30 Shootas w/ PK Nob and 3 Big Shootas
    Fast Attack| 3x 5 Deff Koptas w/ 1 PK and 5 TL KMB's
    Heavy Support| 3x Looted Wagon w/ Boom Gun, 'Ard Case, and Armour Plates.
    (Note, I'm not looking for feedback on this list
    I know you are not looking for feedback, however I'd like to point out that you can only take 2 Big Shootas for a mob of 29 boyz and a nob. Also, the KMB upgrade for Deffkoptas are not twin-linked.
    I didn't want to come off as rules-lawyerish, but I didn't want you to have an opponent whine about that if you fight someone who is unsporting. Best of luck with your Waaaagh!

Green Tide: 4000pts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

0. Haha, sorry if my post wasn't clear on some things. I did say I was dead tired, right? Well.. the comment was sort of concealed. In the 48 hours I was over his house we played two games, and got a total of 6 hours of sleep. (We didn't spend a while 42 hours playing though! That would be entirely too long for two battles.. there was also sushi, and drinking, and YouTube, and.. well, just general chilling out)

1. I only have the AoBR rule book, so I can only give you the page number from that book, which is 94. In the hard-back rule book it should be located in mission special rules.

As a tactic, it allows a unit with the scout or infiltrate special rule to be deployed from along the sides of the battlefield, rather than from your deployment zone. As a tactic, this is used to position incoming units further up the battlefield, and possibly even deploy your units behind enemy lines! This is what Josh (my Dread Wolves friend) would have done with his Scout Bikers (had they not rolled 1's for reserves) so that he could out flank my army, and use his locater beacon to deep strike his Vanguard Veterans up close and personal without risk of scattering. Which is especially dangerous if he wishes to assault the turn they deep strike, as they have to land within 6" of an enemy unit.

2. What are SAG's? (edit...My bad, I thought they were on the DeffKoptas and I couldn't recall any weapon that had that abbreviation). So instead...I'll ask, how are "Kill points" calculated?
    2. Kill points are the new and improved (HAH!) victory points, used in Annihilation special missions. Again, the rules can be found in the mission special rules section of your rule book. Essentially, you earn a kill point for each enemy unit you destroy and at the end of the battle, the player with the most kill points wins.

3. So the Vanguards have 3 wounds each? What is the 30 power Weapon they have?? It seems like something with 30 power is a bit overboard..the highest thing I know is a 10 power weapon like PowerKlaw...TYPO?
    3. No, Vanguard have the same S T and W profile as a normal Tactical Marine, and can be equipped with a single power weapon apiece (in this case, lightning claws). His squad had 30 attacks on his charge, out of which (thanks to the Chaplain and Lightning Claws special rules) only 2 missed and failed to wound, hence inflicting 28 wounds (plus the Chaplain's attacks) on my ten remaining Lootas, inflicting 3 wounds per Loota. Subsequently, my Shoota Boyz unloaded into his 11 man squad and managed an amazing 33 wounds! Inflicting 3 wounds per Vanguard! This is what I meant in my first post when I said "with three wounds per model"

4. No. Flamers are pretty killy against us Orks, but his combat squads could not have been close enough to my fire line (which I kept fairly static) without receiving an overwhelming amount of fire power. His tactic was to sit the three flamer squads inside of his Rhinos so that he could pop off a flame template if I attempted to assault his fire base. Granted, his army would have been more effective with Assault Marines in place of his Vanguard, giving him an entire 700 more points to spend. If this were the case, I would have had a more difficult time as I would have had to focus on more targets.

5. What do you mean "grab up some more shooty Orks" ? Don't you have enough already? LOL. But honesty..what would you like to add to this to make it more Shooty??
    5. I only have Slugga Boyz, with a Slugga and Choppa. 140 of them (most still in the process of kunvershun from WHFB Orks). I proxied the Shoota and Loota Boyz in this game (my first time playing with shooty Orks) I can field a total of 180 Ork Slugga/Shoota Boyz in a single detachment, so I'm thinking I may have to kunvert twenty of my Sluggas into Shootas, and purchase the remaining fourty as Shootas. Shootas have a low BS, but sixty attacks at range really plays the odds in your favor and can devastate any squad being targeted!

6. Lastly, I just wanted to know how you deal with some of Orks bigger threats. I've only played 2 games so far, once against Space Marines and once against Necrons. So far the biggest threats I can think of are flaming/template weapons.
    6. The worse thing Orks could face (conceivably) would be an IG player with a Chimera wall full of flamers and heavy flamers, concealing a lot of indirect fire weapons (Mortars, Demolishers, Bassilisks) In an evenly matched game, Guardsmen could conceivably produce two or three template weapons for every mob of Orks in your army, and maybe even more! There may be worse threats yet, but I'd say this would be pretty bad, as both players would have a lot of models to move around / shoot / dice to roll each turn, which would be the making of a very long game.

That is a great way to provide detail of how a game was played (by both players) and receive criticisms and feedback about your performance. General tactics guidelines will give you an idea of how to play, but you can really analyze your tactics when you review a battle report. Glad your digging the Orks, we'z da best in da 'ole galaxy! Keep stompin

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxos View Post
    I know you are not looking for feedback, however I'd like to point out that you can only take 2 Big Shootas for a mob of 29 boyz and a nob. Also, the KMB upgrade for Deffkoptas are not twin-linked.
    Are you sure about that? The codex reads "For every ten Orks in the mob.." and 29 Shootas and a Nob are still 30 Orks.. the last FAQ update (v4.01) I've read doesn't mention anything about this. Am I missing something here? Thank you for the feedback anyways its always welcome. In any case, I've mostly just been playing with my friend / self proclaimed brother, and while we are strictly adhering to the 5e rules, we're still just playing friendly games. For example, he had actually chosen Razorbacks as a transport, which does not have a fire point (so his combat squads could not have fired from it) but we concluded that it didn't actually matter, as it was a misunderstanding of the rules. He won't do it again, but I wasn't going to cry foul over it. I don't suspect he would have either.

Thanks for the comments everyone Its been 12 hours and I'm already fiending for another battle! I'd really like to try out this list in its 2,000 point glory, as the list was originally written up to be. Oh, and one last update on Waaagh! Never Ending Kill Party, I've decided that since (fluff wise) my Orks are constantly hallucinating from the effects of Kaptin Rogbogger's Fungabong Beer, and their party animal attitude tends to be contagious, I'm going to paint up the army as a bunch of candy tripping ravers! I can't wait to get a mob finished and post some pics, the affect should be something like seeing a hundred plus green skinned Harlequins covered in glow sticks charging at you.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure about that? The codex reads "For every ten Orks in the mob.." and 29 Shootas and a Nob are still 30 Orks.. the last FAQ update (v4.01) I've read doesn't mention anything about this. Am I missing something here?

By golly, you're right! I merely assumed this because I had been doing the 3 big shootas like you had been, but then I saw the 10 orkz(I must have thought it said boyz) and when I looked at the sample armies, they had 2 big shootas for a mob of 30, so I assumed that you could only take two. Thanks, and keep posting these battle reports, they're great fun!

Green Tide: 4000pts

+ Reply to Thread