Sensor Spines: What does the Greater Good think? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensor Spines: What does the Greater Good think?

So, one piece of vehicle wargear I never seem to hear about is (are?) Sensor Spines. Thus, I approach the Coalition with a question: what say we?

From what I can see, at first glance it simply seems like it's a Disruption Pod for close range. However, when I actually thought about it, I realized that it means you could potentially sit a Hammerhead in a big piece of Dangerous area terrain, completely ignoring it's effects, and popping off shots while heavily discouraging anyone from getting close enough to assault or melta the tank. Throw on some Flechette Dischargers and it's not a Hammerhead, it's a Lion Fish! (Get it? Spines? Flechettes? Lion fish?)

What are your thoughts, comrades?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

With the range and maneuverability of Hammerheads and Sky Rays, I tend to never have a pressing need to enter terrain, I do fine moving around it. The ten points are better spent on more fire warriors. Devilfish also don't need to move through terrain, they can move quickly enough around it and deliver their cargo.
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Like lLonginus, I too don't have that much problem moving about and avoiding terrain. Having said that, I would certainly consider taking the Sensor Spines if I were playing a Cities of Death game, or if I knew that there would be a large amount of wooded/jungle terrain.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread