modeling Q : Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

modeling Q : Warriors

Q :

the 2 different headplates, which is what?

is the extra spiky one Enhanced senses or extended carapace or what?

Q: why is there only one set of extra scytals ? (the big pair)
    can't make cc-warriors without more..

do you use the genestealer's scytals instead, and does that look ok in the end?

Q: flesh-hook face or torso mounted?

Q: Adrenal glands.. do you put 2 of them on or just one and say that it's both types?
    would the latter be ok in a tourney?

are there any established Wysiwyg guidelines at all?
    (i'm guessing no, since everything is optional and must be modeled)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Q :

the 2 different headplates, which is what?

is the extra spiky one Enhanced senses or extended carapace or what?
    um nothing, The two heads aren't any specific biomorph, if you want then to represent extended carapace or Enhanced sense I would advise some conversion work as most people play them as vanilla heads.

Q: why is there only one set of extra scytals ? (the big pair)
    can't make cc-warriors without more..
    Sorry to say it but the big pair of Scything talons aren't intended to be used on your warriors at all, they reason they are there is they are on the venom cannon and barbed strangler sprue. But don't let that stop you from putting them on your warriors.

do you use the genestealer's scytals instead, and does that look ok in the end?
    You can put whatever Scything Talons you want on the warriors. Nobody is going to care if you have hormagaunt, carnifex, hive tyrant, genestealer, ravenor, big ass ones or any other kind you find.

Tho I suggest if you want two pairs each to suck it up and get another warrior box then you can field some CC Warriors and some shooty ones.

Q: flesh-hook face or torso mounted?
    There is a Fleshhook on the tongue of the Warriors that you can use to represent, or you can use th plastic chest ones. The chest ones are more obvious and my presonal preference, So long as it's clear to your opponent.

Q: Adrenal glands.. do you put 2 of them on or just one and say that it's both types?
    would the latter be ok in a tourney?
    One is fine, both for tourney or whatever. But yet again nobody is going to stop you putting two adrenal glands on if you think that's cooler.

are there any established Wysiwyg guidelines at all?
    If you have a way to represent it, it is awesome and always better to model it. Most people are happy enough for you to say what they have at the start so its clear anyway. I regularly equip my warriors with leaping and dont have any representation (wouldn't recommend in tournament though).
    I'm pawning this to everyone Check out My 'Nids Tactica and give your Oppinion. I'm Desperate for Attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x2)

righty-o

im using the extra spiky heads then, since the other ones make them look a bit squashed.

thought the scytals looked a bit oversized for them..
    hmm, since the fex came with a full set, what are they for then?

oh well, never can have too many talons i guess.

im gonna use them as deathspitter warriors with the mandatory scytals.

toxin sacs, EC, deathspitter, scything talons..

dunno if it's worth it to slap on a ws gland and flesh-hooks or not.. probably not.

p.s merry christmas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run mine ec deathspitter scytal no flesh hooks ws gland or toxin sac and they do just fine. Would be nice to have the extra stuff on em but they get expensive fast that way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you should slap on the cc upgrades if they are definitely going to get into close combat every game you play otherwise its a waste of points.

To be clear, the warriors are an older box set and have the older style Monstrous Creature sprue with old style weapons.

I use these sprues mostly for conversions as I think they look a little outdated but work greate as a base for a twin-linked devourer or something.

The new sprue for Monstrous Creatures (such that comes with the Carnifex) has the Tyrant sized claws on them.

You will also notice the Carnifex comes with two more slightly larger scything talons on the carnifex sprue. (they has three spikes instead of two on the elbows)
    I'm pawning this to everyone Check out My 'Nids Tactica and give your Oppinion. I'm Desperate for Attention.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

if you want an easy way to show Extended carapace all i do is take the horn and extra carapace plate from one of those biomorphs pack that comes with all the cool stuff needed to upgrade your gaunts and warriors and sort of glue the horned/spiky carapace to the head and then then carapace plate so it looks somewhat of a helmet

<\ spiky carapace and regular carapace
    ____________ Warrior head

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by arachnid View Post
    righty-o

im using the extra spiky heads then, since the other ones make them look a bit squashed.

thought the scytals looked a bit oversized for them..
    hmm, since the fex came with a full set, what are they for then?
    p.s merry christmas
    Those large scything talons are for use on the old metal Carnifex and Hive tyrant. In the previous version of codex Tyranids the Carnifex and Hive tyrant both had a different metal model. The sprue you get with the Warriors came with them too and was used to give them their weapons. Both the Carnifex (plastic) and Tyrant (metal) now have a new model with new sprues and the big scything talons which were for them aren't needed anymore. That aside those big scything talons can be saved up and put to use in conversions such as this one where I used them as legs and as spines on this critters back. buglands Just save those big talons up and have fun with them.

Those two different Tyranid warrior heads are both the same in game terms, they are just there so you can create a more varied appearance for your Warriors if you want. You can save them up too. If you take the spare ones and cut off the non-carapace/brain bit this can be put onto Warriors, Carnifexes etc as extended carapace. Just stick them on wherever you think they look good.

Merry Christmas to you too, and to everybody else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leech View Post
    Those large scything talons are for use on the old metal Carnifex and Hive tyrant. In the previous version of codex Tyranids the Carnifex and Hive tyrant both had a different metal model. The sprue you get with the Warriors came with them too and was used to give them their weapons. Both the Carnifex (plastic) and Tyrant (metal) now have a new model with new sprues and the big scything talons which were for them aren't needed anymore. That aside those big scything talons can be saved up and put to use in conversions such as this one where I used them as legs and as spines on this critters back. buglands Just save those big talons up and have fun with them.

Those two different Tyranid warrior heads are both the same in game terms, they are just there so you can create a more varied appearance for your Warriors if you want. You can save them up too. If you take the spare ones and cut off the non-carapace/brain bit this can be put onto Warriors, Carnifexes etc as extended carapace. Just stick them on wherever you think they look good.

Merry Christmas to you too, and to everybody else.
    I had always wondered about that.....

So basically GW is still making us pay $35 per box of warriors which includes a bunch of parts which dont actually go with the warriors...but still cant give us enough rending claws to go around......
    Hive Flee Annoch

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box. -Italian Proverb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x2)

probably costs more to recut the sprues than to give us reduntant bits i guess ..

Thanks for the info folks, im well on my way with my warriors..

Although i'm Gs-ing the carapace instead of slapping bits on .
    (they dont fit great anywhere anyway)

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

The "flesh hook" mouth is actually an implant attack. Despite implant attacks being able to be shown anywhere on the model (except for with stealers/broodlord), warriors have it with their mouth. But anyways, the giant RC and the giant scy-tals are relics from the old fexes and tyrants. Genestealer RC work great, and I think stealer ST would work well as lower arms (the lower arms look better when they're smaller than the upper arms).
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

+ Reply to Thread