Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey fellow eldar-players,
just as the title says how do we do that and esspecialy the 'lith..
I just started an Eldar army, and ill be facing `crons alot so plz let me know..
I collected some pieces from another topic around here so plz tell me what you think about it:ajay29 said:
Easiest way to kill a 'lith?
10 swooping hawks with Exarch and Intercept; assault it and haywire grenade the bugger into oblivion.
Haywire grenades mess up any vehicleNakaruru said:
Wraithguard shooting does ok and the wraithlord assaulting works but kinda hard to pull off.
Generally I have to just target the rest of the necrons and try to limit the effect the lith has on a battle.==MauganRa==Kheldar said:
Usually killing off the 'crons works just fine: taking them down to <25% of their models is quite easy with a bit of careful placing: just remember that:
- they come back on a 4+, which with a little luck (or bad-luck on the opponents behalf) means that not all are going to make it
- power weapons and insta-kill deaths can't be saved except with a globe. Target the globe holder! Either he is in a unit (then keep shooting at that unit and with the eldar fire-power he is bound to allocate some wounds to him or simply assault him: new rules say that he is the first that must clos in combat as ICs can't hide from hand to hand anymore) or if he is outside a unit just shoot at him as soon as you have a clear shot.
- Liths can reroll "will be back"s but only one unit at a time and doing that means that he has to move the unit away from it's position: this could mean losing an objective or generally having to rethink the theory. Plus if you have anything that can withstand the firepower move them infront of the monolith, so that the teleported unit can't disembark and is thus destroyed outright (or hoping your adversary isn't a complete dumb-ass he just won't teleport them and lose the reroll).
- Remember to shoot only necron models: other stuff can be bothersome but if you make him phase-out who cares if you lost 4/5 of your army: YOU WON!
- Get him in multiple HtHs: liths can teleport only one unit a turn and HQs too... so if you manage to get them three units in HtH, one is bound to continue getting hurt... and block line of sight to the other two units that are left in the open
"War is my master; Death my mistress"
Oh I forgot, my local shop owner suggested this:
get yourself a waveserpent -> disembark, then go 24"away from the 'lith and then simply ram it .. he figgured it will get you 2 points for the AV 12, 8 points for the 24" moved and 1 point for being a tank. All together that would bring you to S11 so you only need to roll a 4+ for a penetrating hit?
can you plz tell me wether this is legel and (if its possible) if it is usefull?
"War is my master; Death my mistress"
ramming is capped at str10 xD
I'll try not to take this off topic.
I have a friend who has just started playing necrons (well started building them anyway), so I want to know the answers too... however... what's this about the new rules saying you can single out Independent Characters in Hand to Hand?
Oh, can fire dragons still get 2d6 for armor pen, or is that negated by the lith?
let me list for you all the things that can kill a monilith in the Eldar force:
1- wraith lord (str 10)
2- singing spear
3- wraith guard
4- D-cannons i thing vibro cannons can also but i need to check that
5- swooping hawks with intercept
6- 2 or more fire prism's
7- ramming with a wave serpent
Yeah that covers most of it. Really, unless you're a tau player, it's not worth trying to take out the monolith. Most eldar lists should have the speed and maneuverability to keep away from a lith. Focus on keeping it ineffective, and worry about phasing out the troops.
'Crons are not something that are merely a joke to take out, it takes time, effort and did i mention Luck?
One thing alot of eldar army forget to do is phase the Necrons out but that Just leaves the eldar army vulnerable to pie plates thrown from the Lith and Nightbringer eating things alive one at a time.
The things that will be useful that can take out Necrons is having Farseer with the dark reapers that will cause havoc. But the Necron Lord can be a Nuisance with the ORB.
I myself am a Eldar and Necron player, i Find it that of Most games its Only Luck that my eldar Used by my Very experineced Friend wins againt my Crons but in Most cases its Just the Necrons Owning the Eldar.
Necron warriors are AP5 shots Not allowing guardians their saves which screws them up terribily but all i can say is Dark reapers are ur best shot as well as Howling banshees (Howling banshees are simple to Kill but again Vicious in CC)
To deal with 'crons the first thing you have to accept is that you are going to have some people die.
After that you have to acknowledge that the majority of our weapons are ineffective against a 'lith and that those that can be effective against a 'lith are ineffective against everything else, points wise.
So, fighting against 'crons, you go for troops. The monolith(s) might be able to pull them out of combat, might make your job a living hell, but you're fast, take the fight to them hard and force phase out.
Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.