Starting a Nidzilla list, need general advice. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting a Nidzilla list, need general advice.

Monday I'm going to take up the Apoc deal of buying the 3 Fex's for 90. I'm actually thinking about buying 3 of these boxes for the army. I'm gunning to get a competitive 2000pt list.

That would give me enough fexes for the list plus 3 or 4 left over. Has anyone ever attempted to convert a Fex into a Hive Tyrant? I'm trying to include as little metal into this list and get as much army as possible for the least amount of money. 3 Fex's for 90 or 2 Tryants for 90.. Seems like option one gives me a little more for the money, but not being a Nid player I'm not 100% on that.

Any advice on equipping a HT to be as effective as possible would be good.

I'm thinking 2 dakkafexes for the elites and 2 sniper fexes and maybe a CC fex for the heavies. Any advice on equiping the heavy fexes would be appreciated. The topic about different builds is great but they aren't really rated.

I think I'm going to end up magnetizing the HT's and Fexes also, so if anyone could recommend a good size to use for the arms and heads that would be great.

Considering Lictors as an elite choice for the reroll reserves and just take all my troops as scuttling genestealers. How many would be recommended for the brood? One list a saw was using 2. I was debating between 2 or 3. For a regular game is there anything different between the Lictor and the Lictor Death Leaper? I didn't see anything in the codex, but I honestly might have missed it. All the topics I read are from '06 about him being a special character. I could still take the model and just tell my opponent he is a lictor, yes? If I end up with 2 Lictors for the brood I was thinking one of each just for some variety in the models, or even 2 of one and maybe 1 DL.

With the 2 HTs, 5 or 6 Fexes, possibly lictors.. the rest of my points are going into stealers.

Fluff wise is there a specific hive fleet that leans more towards this list style? I was wondering from a painting standpoint because I'm still trying to decide on a theme for this army. Possible just a modified version of the Kraken scheme.. instead of the dipped looking bodies, make them a little brighter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that's a huge post.

That would give me enough fexes for the list plus 3 or 4 left over. Has anyone ever attempted to convert a Fex into a Hive Tyrant?
    I've seen it done and they look pretty convincing. If you intend to do the Conversion this is a good idea if not, don't have Carnies lieing around, magnets are the way to go for swapping out weapons and bio-morphs.

I'm trying to include as little metal into this list and get as much army as possible for the least amount of money. 3 Fex's for 90 or 2 Tryants for 90.. Seems like option one gives me a little more for the money, but not being a Nid player I'm not 100% on that.
    My opinion is get the Tyrants, converting Carnies to tyrants will be difficult and you'll still have a carny that will always be on the bench. But if you're dead set on converting and having plastic models go for it. We'll need pics of the converted Tyrants.

Any advice on equipping a HT to be as effective as possible would be good.
    I swear on Enhanced senses, 2x Twin-linked Devourers, Winged, Warp Field.
    This is a common build known as a Dakka Flyrant, with 12 str 4 Reroll to hit Reroll to wound hits he can massacre large squads of low toughness units and even put Space Marines in thier place.

Your other tyrant cannot take wings so you'll have to go with something else. I regularly field one with Scything Talons, Venom cannon, Extended Carapace Tyrant guard and a variaety of other biomorphs depending on points.

I think I'm going to end up magnetizing the HT's and Fexes also, so if anyone could recommend a good size to use for the arms and heads that would be great.
    Magnetising is the only way to go now with Tyranid Monstrous Creatures. There are hundreds of people spouting the wisdom of magnets. I didn't do it but wish I did.

Considering Lictors as an elite choice for the reroll reserves and just take all my troops as scuttling genestealers. How many would be recommended for the brood? One list a saw was using 2. I was debating between 2 or 3.
    Most people dislike Lictors for thier high points cost. And you are probably better leaving them behind in favor of another elite fex. But if you are going to field them the two man tag team works wonders, two function well without support and can contest far flung objectives or take out heavy weapon squads no trouble without support.

For a regular game is there anything different between the Lictor and the Lictor Death Leaper? I didn't see anything in the codex, but I honestly might have missed it. All the topics I read are from '06 about him being a special character. I could still take the model and just tell my opponent he is a lictor, yes? If I end up with 2 Lictors for the brood I was thinking one of each just for some variety in the models, or even 2 of one and maybe 1 DL.
    Sorry no idea, the rules for the deathleaper are in the Eye of Chaos supplement? If i was playing against you though i wouldn't mind you using a deathleaper to represent a regular lictor.

With the 2 HTs, 5 or 6 Fexes, possibly lictors.. the rest of my points are going into stealers.
    Can't go wrong with stealers just what out how many upgrades you put on them. Usually one biomorph costs you a whole genestealer in a brood or even two.

Fluff wise is there a specific hive fleet that leans more towards this list style? I was wondering from a painting standpoint because I'm still trying to decide on a theme for this army. Possible just a modified version of the Kraken scheme.. instead of the dipped looking bodies, make them a little brighter.
    Fluff Wise, Lictors and Genestealers are the first to invade the planet, and Carnies and Tyrants the last. And since no Hive Fleet is tailored more to any particular style go nuts and choose your favorite colours. I haven't seen metallic nids yet
    I'm pawning this to everyone Check out My 'Nids Tactica and give your Oppinion. I'm Desperate for Attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the hefty reply.

This is a common build known as a Dakka Flyrant, with 12 str 4 Reroll to hit Reroll to wound hits he can massacre large squads of low toughness units and even put Space Marines in thier place.
    I was thinking about a build like that actually.

Your other tyrant cannot take wings so you'll have to go with something else. I regularly field one with Scything Talons, Venom cannon, Extended Carapace Tyrant guard and a variaety of other biomorphs depending on points
    I've seen that a lot of people usually recommend going with either the melee stuff or the ranged stuff, so I'm not sure if I'd take the ST/VC combo. How well does it usually work out?

Most people dislike Lictors for thier high points cost. And you are probably better leaving them behind in favor of another elite fex. But if you are going to field them the two man tag team works wonders, two function well without support and can contest far flung objectives or take out heavy weapon squads no trouble without support.
    The two Lictors are mostly there for the rerolling of the genestealers with scuttlers. Since Scout can outflank now, the lictors are really just there to get them into position earlier in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cypher40k View Post
    Wow that's a huge post.

First, do everything Cypher said.

@ Cypher: no toxin sacs? I always thought that Str 5 shots was worth the points on that one. Guard, eldar, etc on 2+. MEQ's on 3+. I know you get the reroll, but I often get 12 wounds out of 12 shots with that setup. And its nice for when you do end up in CC.

Anyway, good luck!
    Hive Flee Annoch

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box. -Italian Proverb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x3)

I gotta say go with the Toxin Sacs on the Dakoa Flyrant, it's easily worth it's points. You really shoudmy mix roles with Tyrants, so rather than talons on your walking guy (Wingless Tyrants should never be CC) give it some ranged weapons. A Venom Cannon and Deathspitters seem to work.

I will give you more of a response when I am on a normal computer.

+ Reply to Thread