Boss Zagstruk or Boss Snikrot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boss Zagstruk or Boss Snikrot

kommandos or stormboyz
    what is better choice snikrot with his ambush special rule or zagstruk with assaulting after deep strike?? i know all the theory what is seating behind but had no chance to play and check it. i believe that for kommandos the best way is get 10-14 of then + 2 burnas + snikrot and use them against infantry. stormboyz are good for any units seating on the top flors, the big advatage is as well PK with ini 4 ..

what do you think

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

The biggest problem with Zagstrukk is that his PK only counts on the charge and he has to risk DS to assault, whereas Snikrot doesn't ignore armor (burnas do ) but he's guaranteed to come where you want him.

I prefer Snikrot personally.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Welcome to...

I've been toying around with an idea for a semi-regular thread called 'your favorite unit sucks', and now is as good a time and place to start as any.

Zagstrukk sucks. In fact, he's far more of a penalty than he is an asset. If the choice came down to using him or running the stormboyz without any upgrades, I'd rather run them without any upgrades.

It all comes down to the fact that deepstriking storm boyz doesn't make sense. Even though they can assault the turn they deepstrike, it's INCREDIBLY risky to deep strike that close to an enemy. If the roll scatters, you're not only going to fail, but you may very well lose the unit altogether. Even if you miss the enemy, you can still land outside assault range, and then they'll either assault you, costing you all your powerklaw attacks (since you only get the attacks with Zagstrukk the turn HE assaults), or they'll just turn around and shoot you to death.

Stormboyz can cover a LOT of the field incredibly quickly, so why deep strike them? People deepstrike terminators and similar units because getting them into position is too slow or difficult otherwise. Stormboyz are made for speed, and would almost certainly be able to get to virtually anywhere on the board by turn 3, and they'll have no problem assaulting that same turn.

A nob with a powerklaw and bosspole will give you powerklaw attacks every single turn of combat for the whole game, and also give them a re-roll on leadership checks, and although it's not guaranteed, you can field large enough units that they'll be fearless for a good long time.

I've personally seen Zagstrukk get his entire unit killed at least twice EVEN when he managed to assault the turn he entered the game. It always goes the same way: the stormboyz assault a unit, and you get his powerklaw attacks. Then, the enemy counter-assaults with a second unit, and you don't get the powerklaw attacks. The entire unit of stormboyz die. In one sad case, it was a single IG 'shooty' sentinel that assaulted them, and without the powerklaw, the Orks had no chance. A single 35 point walker killed 300 points worth of Orks by itself, and wasn't even scratched in the process.

To answer the question: Snikkrot is better than Zagstrukk. Grotts are better than Zagstrukk. Flash gitz are better than Zagstrukk. An immobilized trukk is better than Zagstrukk.

Empty space is better than Zagstrukk. ^_^
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I gotta agree with grax there, the guy above me, of all the times i've used stormboys and kommandos with their characters, my kommandos always end up better, mainly because my main opponent loves hugging flanks and deployment zones, but also because they are so much more reliable. Sure its nice when your assault goes right with Zag, but I rarely get it (maybe its the crappy conversion i use...) But with Kommandos i go with nearly a foolproof set up. 12 Kommandos, 2 rokkits, and Snikrot. I make sure to come in behind a shooty unit that is close to a tank, Hit the tank with the rokkits and then assault the unit. its worked out a few times for me, once I actually took out his whirlwind and whiped out a whole dev squad in one go. small dev squad though. Granted we do use a lotta house rules so this may be breaking some 5th edition rules I dunno, but if not, its a good choice.
    Iske 12th Rangers (IG) (1500 pts) (W/L/D) 25-43-2 Da Dakkad Dizzy Deff Skullz (1500 pts) 1-0-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

I expect you do break some rules dizzy as you can only assault what you shoot in the shooting phase.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by ArtificiallyEnhanced View Post
    I expect you do break some rules dizzy as you can only assault what you shoot in the shooting phase.
    That's right, you have to assault the unit you shot at. If you killed it, then you can't assault anything else. Or did you mean in two turns...but then what did you mean by 'one go'?

I prefer 12 kommandos, 2 burnas and Snikkrot. The burnas give the unit some badly needed power weapon attacks, or good anti-infantry fire, whichever you need more at the time. I love units that can switch it up like that, depending on who they're fighting. ^_^
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post
    That's right, you have to assault the unit you shot at. If you killed it, then you can't assault anything else. Or did you mean in two turns...but then what did you mean by 'one go'?

I prefer 12 kommandos, 2 burnas and Snikkrot. The burnas give the unit some badly needed power weapon attacks, or good anti-infantry fire, whichever you need more at the time. I love units that can switch it up like that, depending on who they're fighting. ^_^
    yeah... we really like our special house rules, been playin with them so long i forget that others don't use them, but yeah we normally say that someone as disciplined as an elite or hq is basically gonna be able to shoot/ assault anyone, no target priority (which i hear is gone in 5th anyways)
    Iske 12th Rangers (IG) (1500 pts) (W/L/D) 25-43-2 Da Dakkad Dizzy Deff Skullz (1500 pts) 1-0-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post
    but he can assault multiple units(right?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes you can and that's a really good option.

my other question is what is better tho choose for the fast options:
    stormboyz or deffkoptas
    i more offten can see on the table deffkoptas, but i really can't find a proper use for them, can any one give an advice...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm a larger fan of deffcopters as an anti armor use arming them with rokkits, love takin out dreds with them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast