Names for Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x3)

Names for Tyranids

Well, I'm not sure about you guys, but I name all of my Monstrous Creatures and interesting guys. So far what I have is:

Flyrant: Nazghul

Carnifexes: Fugly, "Shifty" Pete (the Godfex), Mechazawa (my first magnetfex), Karmoon the Karmyfex (WIP)

Trygon: Citizen Snips

Zoanthropes: Ned, Ted, and Zed

And I have Neo the Genestealer (he survived four rounds of CC with seven CSM, killing two and forcing them to run, all on his own and without taking a single wound, all the while the Matrix soundtrack was playing on my iTunes)

I have a Broodlord, a Lictor, and a Carnifex yet unnamed, any suggestions?

Also, does anyone else name their 'Nids?

Last edited by Tarnag; January 3rd, 2009 at 06:16.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Broodlord should be named Nola Carveth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

183 (x3)

Any reasoning with that? Or elaboration?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Sadly, yes. And I use the names in matches, too.

Hive tyrants - Papa Lazarou (walking) and Quetzalcoatl (winged)
    Carnifexes - Geraldo and Raoul (sniper) and Lupe and El Chupacubra (AKA 'Chuppie') assault.
    Broodlord - Old Gringo (the genestealers are los gringos)
    Trygon - El Generalissimo

Warriors - los mariachis (shooty) and los luchadors (assault)

Fluff-wise, the names were applied to the beasties by the vaguely mexican-spanish sounding inhabitants of Paradaiso IV, where my splinter fleet first set down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnag View Post
    I have a Broodlord, a Lictor, and a Carnifex yet unnamed, any suggestions?

Also, does anyone else name their 'Nids?
    I name my Tyranids but unlike you I am very serious about it. And I give them big scary type names such as Bronto scorpius, Toxifex, Razorfex (Carnifexes). Then there are my Scorptigaunts which are Hormagaunts that look like scorpions. Not to mention others. I don't tend to give things such as Zoanthropes names as they are all Zoanthropes to me. Where you give them names in a affectionate way like pets I give them names to classify them as breeds/workers/soldiers in my Hive fleet.

I choose names by trying to think of what sounds good in my head and what suits the creature. Scorptigaunt is just scorpion and Hormagaunt squashed together. I gave Bronto scorpius his name after hearing about the prehistoric giant scorpion called Bronto scorpio. The name translates as thunder scorpion which suits my Carnifex. As I said I am more serious about it. But I do it for fun, which may not make sense.

I think you should call your Lictor 'Dannyboy'. I often whisper that when my Lictors are on the lurk. The reason comes from the film Preadator 2. In that film the Predator (which is very much like a Lictor) hears one police dude say another policeman's name which is Danny. He calls him 'Dannyboy' which is distorted by the Predator's weird hearing to sound all whispered and gaspy. The Predator then gets in the habit of whispering Dannyboy just before it does something nasty or generally unwholesome.
    Last edited by Leech; January 3rd, 2009 at 19:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

183 (x3)

Heh, done! That sounds pefect, paired with he fact that my name is Daniel...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my Broodlords is named Andy Dufresne after a particular character's moment in The Shawshank Redemption. My other one I haven't named but taking a cue from andrewthotep I think I will call him El Guapo and his retinue Los Bandidos Guapos from Three Amigos fame. I only have one Hive Tyrant built up right now and while he doesn't have a name, I usually say "roar" as I charge in with him. Buuuut, I've always called his guard retinue "Little Buddy/ies" so maybe I should name my Tyrant "Skipper" in homage to Gilligan's Island? =)
    Human beings, while exceptional in the ability to learn from the mistakes of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnag View Post
    Any reasoning with that? Or elaboration?
    Nola Carveth is a main character in the horror "The Brood." She is undergoing an experimental psychotherapy in which peoples negative emotions become physical manifestations. In her case these physical manifestations are deformed demon children (a whole brood of them) that she gives birth to and controls through her negative emotions. Needless to say, they attack people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of getting a Hive Tyrant just for conversion purposes, giving it wings and a tentacly face and just calling it C'thulhu.

Though I did name my friend's Hive Tyrant something more original - Dr. Stabby McStab - after a first inspection showed me just how ridiculously many spines, claws and barbs Hive Tyrants have. I don't know much about 'Nid weapons but he had all Scything Claws and whatever else you call those giant Hydralisk-esque claws.

I also named one of his Carnifexes - With those giant lower-jaw teeth, what are they called? - simply "Omnom" after it pretty much ate my Predator Annihalator in our first match.
    Last edited by HellbirdIV; January 3rd, 2009 at 22:27.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HellbirdIV View Post
    - Dr. Stabby McStab -
    That's a good name, very appropriate for a Hive tyrant with a habit of eating tanks. It reminds me of an old Epic Tyranid Dominatrix I have lying around somewhere. MC or 'mic' something seems to be popular. I named it 'Nasty Mc Killer Job'. I had forgotten about that, your 'Mc' reminded me. I even wrote it's name on the thing's base.
    Last edited by Leech; January 3rd, 2009 at 22:48.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast