Starting Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting Eldar

Hey guys,

Currently im a Chaos Marines player and i want to start a new army and eldar and the #1 army in the list.

Here's the problem, i think the army is fairly complex and i want to make a list thats decent enought to play with. I have the 'dex already but honestly i cant imagine the units in the terrain (never played against eldar before). I want to make a list that is very mechanized with jetbikes and warpspiders ... so, what should i buy? By what order? We play mainly 1000-1500-2000 games.

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want to run jetbikes (as an army instead of just a single unit) I would highly suggest getting a windrider host apoc. set. This is a great way (and cheapest) to get a Jetbike (Saim-Hann) list started

If, however, you want to start a regular/ more typical Eldar army I would highly suggest getting the Eldar Grav tank warhost. It is essentially a whole army in a box HQ, and all.

If your not willing to shell out $200 for the warhost I would suggest buying some dire avengers and fire prisms(which come with falcons too!)

hope this helps

cheers

-V
    Veni Vidi Vici
    "The plan is to win, if we don't win its cause you guys didn't follow the plan!"
    Eldar: 25,000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my ideia was not making a all jetbike army, i want to include them because i think they work really well in a mechanized list which is what i want to make. Ill give a look to the pack you told me about =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice

Take this for what it is worth but I would shun away from a all this or that list especially when starting a new army. I would instead build an all comers lists with lots of variety at around 1K (2 batlions or the army box) . Then I would play a bunch of different armies and asses what I like and didn't like in the army and build from there. Nothing is worse as a player than to build, paint and buy an army we hate or we can't win with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on your reply:
    If I was trying to save money I would get:
    - two boxes of Dire Avengers $60
    - Farseer $15
    - wraithlord $40
    - 3 jet bike models $45
    Total- $160

Or Eldar Army-$175+$15= $190
    20 guardians
    10 Dire Avengers
    1 wraith Lord
    1 falcon
    4 Jetbikes
    1 Vyper

+ Farseer $15

It would depend on if I had 190 to drop in one go. If I didn't I would buy the first list in the order I gave. As always its up to you though and what models you think are 'cool,' this is just a listing of what most Eldar players use commonly... From my experience at least.

-V
    Veni Vidi Vici
    "The plan is to win, if we don't win its cause you guys didn't follow the plan!"
    Eldar: 25,000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spot on

yeah i think this will give you an idea of how the army feels and give you the oppurtunity to grow as a an eldar player. although wouldn't the autotarch be a better fit or are sold on the whole farseer thing

+ Reply to Thread