Snikrot ambush question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snikrot ambush question

Hey guys, sorry if this is a completely stupid question, but I've heard it answered both ways and want to be sure. But yeah, here it is. Can a kommando unit let by Snikrot with a character attatched (Ghazkghull for example) still make use of his ambush ability? I thought it might because the rule states that "Snikrot and his unit etc etc." If a character is attatched, wouldn't it still be his unit and thereafor the rule still applies?

Thanks for your imput!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

No, if you attach another independent character to the unit, the special rule is lost since the new character doesnt have the same rule. (BRB pg 74)
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

You can. Snikrot's outflank is not from infiltrating or scouting, but something entirely different, so go nuts.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    You can. Snikrot's outflank is not from infiltrating or scouting, but something entirely different, so go nuts.
    I agree, the Ambush ability is not a special rule of the unit, it is a special rule that Snikrot gives to the unit. If an IC joins the Kommandos the Kommandos do lose their infiltrate ability, however Ambush is a different story, its a special rule given to a unit that Snikrot joins. By those definitions you should be able to Ambush with an IC attached... which is huge and I can't believe it hasn't come up earlier. You may have just found a use for a foot slogging Warboss with a PK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Uncertain, but...

I've hit this argument before, and the long and short of it is: we're not sure.

Snikkrot's ambush rule states that he gives the ability to 'his unit', but he's not an independent character. He's an upgraded model within the unit of kommandos. So the question comes down to what they mean by 'his unit'.

If they mean the kommandos alone, than no, they couldn't ambush with a character attached, since the character doesn't have the ambush rule.

If they mean the unit as a whole, attached characters included, then yes, they can.

At this point it's unclear, and we'll need an FAQ, but if pressed for an answer...I'd say they probably CAN ambush with a character attached, simply because other characters with similar special abilities in 40k confer the ability to the entire unit, characters and all. Now, if the wording said 'kommandos in Snikkrot's unit gain ambush', then it'd be 'no', but since they just say 'unit' then you probably can.

Of course, I'm not sure why you'd want to. Ghazghkull's maximized waaaugh can only be used if he's on the table, and if you roll bad, you might not get him on the table until turn 4 or 5, long past the time that would be useful. I'd either rather attach a warboss with either pk or mega armor, cybork and a bosspole instead. It adds more power to the unit and gives them a bosspole, leaving Ghazghkull on the field from the start, where he'll be the most useful.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghazghull was just an example really, first thing that came to mind...I personally use Grotsnik with 10 kommandos w/ 2x burnas + snik. The result: Grotsnik, who is already a beast with 10 kommandos with cybork bodies and feel no pain and two with power weapons popping out of no where...its a nasty suprise .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

Indeed. I'd either go with a Warboss, Grotsnik, or Old Zoggy. All depending on the army I'm facing.

The idea never ceases to entertain me. Old Zoggy popping out behind the enemy HQ selection and POP goes the squig. As if it weren't bad enough for ten Kommandos to appear behind you (Trapped! anyone?) but to potentially have 150 points of your opponents army turn into something the equivelant worth 3 points at most? Sweet.

EDIT: Although the possibility for to have the Kommandos teleported by Zoggy could be as much a hinderence as a blessing.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually have to hand credit for this to BossGorestompa as he gave me the idea in the first place! So yeah, thanks man!

I haven't tried Zoggy yet...I'm still working on the conversion. Picked up some pewter snake models from a store and working away on it, but yeah, I'll let ya know how it works out when I do!

+ Reply to Thread