New Battlewagons: Good news and Bad news... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

New Battlewagons: Good news and Bad news...

The good news about the new battlewagons is that they look great. Just check out the pictures on the GW website. Further good news is that it isn't that expensive, at only $50.

The bad news is that it doesn't come with the parts for a deffrolla or killkannon. In fact, it doesn't come with many extra bits at all. There are rumors of an accessory sprue that will be sold separately, but if you're like me, and were looking for extra bits and a deffrolla, then you're going to be disappointed. There aren't any.

Now, the last thing can either be taken as good or bad news, depending on who you are. The news is: the battlewagon isn't very big, at least not when going by length and width. It really isn't much longer or wider than a Trukk, only much taller and better armored.

Why would this be good news? Because it finally settles a long standing argument. The new battlewagon is nowhere near the size of a Land Raider. A Leman Russ is more than large enough to be a battlewagon and transport 20 models, going by the official GW battlewagon model. ^_^

"Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Awesome!

I believe my sigh of relief is echoed throughout Orkdom. Now my two Leman Russ's aren't obsolete.

Too bad about the deff rolla and kill cannon though, but that's what the Leman Russ is for... (cheaper too actually.)
    My award winning Orky tale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

I am trying to make every one of my vehicles look different to keep the Mad Max / Road Warrior feel to my speed freaks. I will probably do 2 varients for my battlewagons 1 with and 1 without the deffrolla. I do remember reading that the missing option for the stock battlewagon are going to be available for direct purchase shortly.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those 2 missing options have annoyed me, because all of my battlewagons will be equipped with one or the other. I very much doubt i'd ever run one without one of those options.
    I have however not long ago put the finishing touches on my first deffrolla. its looks.......acceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x1)

Ork players at my shop are fond of ripping apart this Mage Knight piece for Deffrollas:

http://wargames.com.hk/oscommerce/im...ank_150_98.jpg (Dwarven Steam Tank)

Looks plenty Orky (plenty o' spikey bits!) once applied to another vehicle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't stand it.

The new Battlewagon is WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY too small in my own opinion. Battlewagons are suposed to be big. It may be easier to hide and what not, BUT US 'ARD BOYZ AIN't GOTZ NO USE DEEZ PUNNY HUMIE WOT NOTZ!!!

I'll stick to my looted land raiders unless it's not allowed in a tournament or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably won't even be buying my BW's until I can get them fully equipped.

+ Reply to Thread