Genestealers most versatile entrance - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genestealers most versatile entrance

Just a quick question if I give my Genestealers scuttlers does that mean I can do these 3 things

Either
    Deploy them as normal make a move before anyelse goes
    or
    Outflank with them bringing them from either side of board depending on dice roll
    or
    Bring them on from reserve as usual

So in effect if i leave them in reserve does that mean I get a choice between moving them on form my board edge or outflanking, or do I have to declare what im doing before the game starts or can they only outflank and not movve on as normal

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It means that they would come from your edge, you must stake you utflanking at the beggining of your battle. If you want them to die you may put them as normal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you must declare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I cant keep them in reserve and then either outflank or move them on as normal reserves, I assumed I could as long as I picked which 1 by turn 2 and didnt go oh there outflank this turn oh they didn't come on ill get them out as usual reserves. What a shame its ruined there versatility in my eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 16Ogretyrant07 View Post
    What a shame its ruined there versatility in my eyes.
    Remember you can always Infiltrate with the help of a Broodlord! But aside from that you have to declare if you are going to do a Scout Movement with them or attempt an Outflank. If you wanted to simulate what I believe you are thinking, you can always use Raveners.
    Human beings, while exceptional in the ability to learn from the mistakes of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I want to do is when I've decided to place them in reserve like you can with any unit in the game bring them on either from my board edge as normal reserves or outflank them.
    com

From what's been said so far it appears that I have to make the decision to make them outflank at the start of the game thus not being able to make them come in from my board edge if there is a better target there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may not acheive what you wish as you must state wheather you outflank or just go in from reserves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Just for reference, here's the page number: main rule book, pg 94, "Preparing Reserves", last paragraph.

You must declare whether they are normal reserves or outflanking during deployment.
    Last edited by magnet_man; January 16th, 2009 at 17:08.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for answering the question I have 1 more non stealer related guants with without number do they move in like normal reserves do (as if they were just off the board before moving). As when I played against a marine player he seemed to think they just come in and stay right on the board dge.

Oh and what are your suggestions for dealing with drop pods that come from behind I used to use my squad of stealers to kill whatever was inside when they drop into my deployment zone but it seems that is now useless as it would deny me any outflanking possibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by 16Ogretyrant07 View Post
    Thanks for answering the question I have 1 more non stealer related guants with without number do they move in like normal reserves do (as if they were just off the board before moving). As when I played against a marine player he seemed to think they just come in and stay right on the board dge.
    Yes, just like normal reserves. They even ignore IB for the first turn. So the front edge of a gaunt can be placed 6" into the table on the initial move (barring difficult terrain). Then they can fleet. The reason they ignore IB on the first turn is pg 94 of the main rule book, second paragraph under "Arriving From Reserves" in the right hand column.

Oh and what are your suggestions for dealing with drop pods that come from behind I used to use my squad of stealers to kill whatever was inside when they drop into my deployment zone but it seems that is now useless as it would deny me any outflanking possibility.
    Haven't faced a 5th ed DP list. But I'd figure an MC could be pretty painful to a unit of marines. If he's DPing in then he's going to aim to be within 12" of one of your units. You should have enough overlap from the MCs and gribblies to be able to get something there to tie him up for a turn. It'll be one of the risks with going against DPs.

Perhaps someone with more experience with fighting DP armies could help you out.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast