Wraithlords and Warlocks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wraithlords and Warlocks

So I'm wondering what everyone's most common techniques are for mitigating that nuisance little "wraithsight" rule.

Right now I'm loving my CC-oriented lord (WS and EML) stomping down the field towards his biggest, most expensive dude! Problem is I'm not sure how to keep a warlock nearby to keep him performing reliably. I'm hesitant to take a squad of gaurdians with him, a seer council and jetbikes don't really fit my playstyle.

Are there any other options? Or do I just roll it every turn with my fingers crossed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Group of harlies? the shadowseer is a psyker so negates wraithsight. Do you have a farseer? If so where is it in your army? Keeping the farseers foot slogging unit near a wraithlord wouldn't be to hard. If the farseer is in a transport they can keep close to the wraithlord for the first turn or two after than break them off to hit their own target. Otherwise role and keep your fingers crossed. I have some friends that never seem to role bad and others that have given up doing anything that a role of a one will screw up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run an assault Harlie squad. 9+ Shadow, all with kisses, 250. its a somewhat large chunk of points but very effective. Plus with the wraithlord next to them, they got some extra tank hunting.
    Last edited by Wakkawakka; January 21st, 2009 at 21:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh - so a Farseer or a Harlie squad with Shadowseers work?

Well then shoot I've been running a Farseer nearby the whole time!
    Last edited by Artharael; January 21st, 2009 at 21:34.

+ Reply to Thread